Jambands.ca

Picked up tickets to see Genesis in the UK today

TimmyB

That's awesome but, no Old Trafford as well?

I decided to get tickets to...

Event: Genesis

Venue: Old Trafford

Manchester, Lancashire, UK

Event Date: Sat 7 Jul 2007, 19:00

Order Date: 24/11/06

...as well.

I also might hit them up a couple other places in Europe as well like in Germany and/or Italy, though that's up in the air.

TimmyB

That's awesome but' date=' no Old Trafford as well?

[/quote']

I decided to get tickets to...

Event: Genesis

Venue: Old Trafford

Manchester, Lancashire, UK

Event Date: Sat 7 Jul 2007, 19:00

Order Date: 24/11/06

...as well.

I also might hit them up a couple other places in Europe as well like in Germany and/or Italy, though that's up in the air.

TimmyB

Atta boy!

TimmyB,

Congrats!! That'll be a trip seeing them in the UK.

You are coming out to TMB at Massey right? It's the night after Gov't Mule and the night before Victor Wooten :) :) :)

Later . ..

Kanada Kev =8)

np: Beatles - LOVE

We will see if I can make it to the Musical Box next week, it all depends on if I finish a couple of assignments for my class?

Tim

Just when I was begining to think that you were on the straight and narrow.............

Come on you know me better than that? You and I this year went to Vermont to see Trey, Mike and the Duo play with Phil Lesh and Friends with less than 5 hours notice by the seat of our pants.

Off the top of my head I have no idea how many gigs I have been to this year, it would take me a day to figure that out.

Tim

Since London sold out in a day and Manchester is nearly sold out also, Genesis seem to be at over 500,000 tickets sold for their European Tour so far...

From www.pollstar.com

Genesis Turns Germany On

Updated 05:07 PST Sun, Nov 26 2006

Peter Rieger Konzertagentur sold 40,000 Genesis tickets for Düsseldorf LTU-Arena so fast that the company had a second show on sale within a matter of days.

Although the fab three surviving members don't start their reunion tour for more than another six months, PRK's Stefan Güntner reported that 200,000 of the tickets for the eight arena dates went within a day.

The June 26 Düsseldorf show was soon up to 40,000 - expected to be a 45,000-capacity configuration - and the second show went on sale November 15, five days after the Genesis box offices had opened.

Even before it had gone on sale, the overall ticket count had rocketed to 300,000, with every chance of hitting one-third of a million by the November 16-17 weekend.

The German run starts at Hamburg AOL Arena June 15 and, intertwined with dates in the neighbouring mainland European countries, continues with Hannover AWD-Arena, Düsseldorf, Stuttgart's Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion, Berlin's Olympiastadion, Leipzig's Zentralstadion, Frankfurt's Commerzbank Arena and Munich' Olympiastadion June 23 through July 10.

The ticket frenzy over what will be the first Genesis tour of any sort in 15 years has spread across the continent, with Flemming Schmidt of Live Nation's DKB Concertpromotion seeing the 50,000 available for the June 14 show in Herning, Denmark, disappear in 40 minutes.

For Reigers's office, the Genesis sales come on the back of success with shows from George Michael and Pink, part of European tours produced by the U.K.'s Marshall Arts.

Michael did 120,000 tickets across 10 sold-out arenas, while Pink's 12 arena dates shifted 110,000.

Just when I was begining to think that you were on the straight and narrow.............

Come on you know me better than that? You and I this year went to Vermont to see Trey' date=' Mike and the Duo play with Phil Lesh and Friends with less than 5 hours notice by the seat of our pants.

Off the top of my head I have no idea how many gigs I have been to this year, it would take me a day to figure that out.

Tim

[/quote']

I'm just saying that it has been a few months since you called me up from a concert to make arrangements to drive 9 hours the next morning to another concert, all on a whim. I thought maybe you were cured.

Come on you know me better than that? You and I this year went to Vermont to see Trey' date=' Mike and the Duo play with Phil Lesh and Friends with less than 5 hours notice by the seat of our pants.

Tim

[/quote']

I'm just saying that it has been a few months since you called me up from a concert to make arrangements to drive 9 hours the next morning to another concert, all on a whim. I thought maybe you were cured.

If what I have is a disease, I would rather live with it rather than be cured.

Thank you very much.

Tim

TimmyB' date='

You are coming out to TMB at Massey right? It's the night after Gov't Mule and the night before Victor Wooten :) :) :)

Later . ..

Kanada Kev =8)

np: Beatles - LOVE[/quote']

We will see if I can make it to the Musical Box next week, it all depends on if I finish a couple of assignments for my class?

Tim

Tim,

You gotta make it! What can we do to help you finish your assignments??

TimmyB' date='

Later . ..

Kanada Kev =8)

np: Beatles - LOVE[/quote']

Tim

Tim,

You gotta make it! What can we do to help you finish your assignments??

Well one thing you can do is if you see me on here over the next few days, tell me to go until I finish my assignments.

Tim

OK ...

1. have you got all your materials?

2. do you know what the hell you're writing about?

3. take a nap.

4. take notes

5. compose your thesis

6. smoke a bowl

7. take a nap

8. get the thing typed up

9. remember to click SAVE a LOT so you don't lose it

10. take a break and kick down some jams, motherfucker

11. do a revision and some final edits ... SAVE

12. print it out and hand it in

13. have some drinks to celebrate finishing

14. Go see MULE

15. get your ass down to the Imperial Pub for some preshow partying and then see The Musical Box.

You gotta get in to get out.

NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW da da da da da da da daaaa