Jambands.ca

Favourite Place In The World...

shainhouse

Tough question, but I've always thought of if I was posed it myself, and how I would answer. Sentimentally, it would be a place just north of Toronto where I could visit my loved ones, but physically, it has to be San Sabastian, Spain, my favourite town/city in the world. I need to buy some property there and retire.

It's in the North, in Basque Country. It has more Michelen stars than any other city in the world per capita, fantastic beaches, architecture, views, attitude, food etc.. heaven.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Sebastian is nice, if you can stand all the pasty Germans and Brits that over-run the place. Good beach.

My favourite place was San Jose, Spain. In the Cabo de Gata Park, on the South-Eastern tip, just east of Almeria. I was there 4 years ago; a friend visited last year and it has been over-run by developers and has lost the small town / no tourist charm. Awesome memories though. Best beach in the world is still a 45 minute walk from town though. No roads go to it. Have to hike over a mountain. Amazing.

Now, my favourite place is waist deep in snow, wherever it is, or under my duvet.

The Tea Plantations on the border of Kerala and Tamil Nadu are really something. Munnar was one of the most peaceful places on earth where you looked forward to getting up at 5:00 and walking an hour up a mountain by yourself to see an awe-inspiring sunrise.

I'd go back in a heartbeat.

A few come to mind for me:

Bodnath and Pashupatinath in the Kathmandu valley. Possibly the most spiritually "alive" places I've ever felt.

Andalucia in Spain. Beauty and culture and fun rolled into one.

and of course... St. Viateur street in Montreal. No better neighborhood in Canada than Mile End, IMO. I've lived here on and off since 2000 and never grow bored of it.

Stoke Gabriel,Devonshire,England.

Actually the whole county of Devon.

It speaks to me-whether it's because I have an affinity for moody,consumptive,english romanticism conjured by grey skies,empty moors and rugged tors or because the land has drank alot of blood and history I don't know.But I love it.

Negril Jamaica....

hands down.

When the talk of paradise on earth they are talking about Negril.

Not too over developed, tonnes of wildlife nearby, great people, even better drugs and negril has the largest population of Rastas on the island.

Also negril is lush with some of the freshest food I have ever tasted. It is also always warm with a trade wind breeze and never too humid.

I've been there 5 times 'casue I can't get egnough..

negril-jamaica_23-05-04.jpg

well if you are talking about Jamaica, my favourite place is Treasure Beach on the south shore.

Its quiet, private and has absolutley zero tourists.

tbnet_29.jpg

My all time favourite place in the world though would have to be Haarlem , in the Netherlands. It is the only other city/town in Holland with coffee shops and it is on the coast. Being that I come from an Island I love the water and the coastline. Its like being at the end of the earth sometimes.