Jambands.ca

new Umphrey's dates (Toronto)

McL

there's more at umphreys.com, but I figured these 3 would interest you guys the most

Sunday, 15 April 2007

Water Street Music Hall

204 North Water Street

Rochester, New York 14604

- doors: 7:00 pm

- show: 8:00 pm

- 16 and over

- tickets will be $18.50 in advance and $20.00 day of show; an Umphrey's Ticketing pre-sale will begin January 22 at 10:00 am CST

Tuesday, 17 April 2007

The Opera House

735 Queen Street

Toronto, Ontario

- tickets will be $17.50 in advance and $20.00 day of show; an Umphrey's Ticketing pre-sale will begin January 22 at 10:00 am CST

Thursday, 19 April 2007

The Town Ballroom

681 Main Street

Buffalo, New York 14203

- doors: 7:00 pm

- show: 8:00 pm

- All Ages

- tickets will be $18.00 in advance and $20.00 day of show; an Umphrey's Ticketing pre-sale will begin January 22 at 10:00 am CST

and, while I'm at it, may as well plug the newest podcast with Joshua Redman(!!!)

Podcast #37 - August 2006 part 1

Posted: 01.14.2007

69.2Mb

(right-click to download podcast (MP3) to your computer)

00:00 Intentions Clear (08.26.06 - Riverview Music Festival, Chicago, Illinois)

05:51 Believe the Lie

18:11 Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Pts. 1-5 (08.25.06 - F.U.N.K. Festival, Bean Blossom, Indiana)

31:55 Der Bluten Kat >

47:18 Glory >

52:19 Der Bluten Kat (08.26.06 - Riverview Music Festival, Chicago, Illinois)

56:00 All Things Ninja (08.25.06 - F.U.N.K. Festival, Bean Blossom, Indiana)

Total Broadcast Length 72:06

Notes:

entire podcast with Joshua Redman on saxophone

Umphrey's McGee was once again honored to welcome Joshua Redman to the stage for 2 shows, August 2006. He revisited his Safety in Numbers appeareance on Intentions Clear. The new "fusion" intro to Believe the Lie is augmented even further with Redman's horn. The Shine On You Crazy Diamond encore closed their appearance at the F.U.N.K. Festival.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday, 17 April 2007

The Opera House

735 Queen Street

Toronto, Ontario

- tickets will be $17.50 in advance and $20.00 day of show; an Umphrey's Ticketing pre-sale will begin January 22 at 10:00 am CST

Despite it being a Tuesday, this might be a good thing to trip down from Ottawa for...heck, I could come down the day before and catch Sisters Euclid...

Aloha,

Brad

dang I am not gonna be here for these shows...thats the trouble with being overseas, missing all the awsome goodness

thats gonna be some three night tour, the water street music hall is amazing...saw mule there two or so years ago and the town ballroom will be good as awlways

Agreed! Water street is killer. I saw Medeski, wood, Stubblefield and Scofield there on the "a go go" tour when Martin was sick and it has great acoustics.

why they would play the opera house, and on a tuesday....horrible way to play a city for the first time.

crappy, and way to big....and on a weeknight.

Elmo on a saturday, 19+ and you got yourself a good firsrt impression.

i guess ure rght but at least they are comin to toronto man, i dont think ppl should complain

....did you say too big??? opera house is tiny for a band like them...(well...it may actually be a good size). the elmo is TINY, has bad sightlines, and becomes a furnace when the place packs up....and the stage is rather small.

I hate the opera house, but whatever. Hehehehe, see all you ottawa peeps soon. bring nero.

why they would play the opera house, and on a tuesday....horrible way to play a city for the first time.

Bands play here on weeknights b/c it is a small market. Weekend shows are usually saved for places that can sell out, or at least get more than a couple hundred people.

I'm not a huge UM fan, mainly b/c I haven't seen them that often and am not familar with all their material. I am looking forward to show. I need more fresh live music to boogie.