Jambands.ca

Beatles - Love

Ms.Huxtable

Wow, wow, wow. bouche picked this up today and we're blasting it in 5.1 surround. It is absolutely incredible.

It's mixed in a fluid way that encourages movement. bouche and I have been dancing around from the first note.

Having seen a Cirque du Solei performance, I can actually picture performers moving to this soundtrack. It is unbelievable. Crisp, energetic, compelling. It's not song after song, but a mix and blend of beatles songs and familiar sounds making up a soundtrack; an uninterrupted soundscape.

If you are a Beatles fan in any way shape or form, GET THIS!

a friend of mine just got back from vegas, went to see Love while there and said it was awesome.

to quote:

the music follows the cd exactly. they do stop a few times and talk. Blackbird is spoken live by the actor. It features 4 dudes in "blackbird" costumes trying to fly, and keep crashing into the stage. Oh the seats there in the theater all have 2 speakers in the headrest and the seat in front of you has a speaker on the back facing you. So you get that plus the theater system. Awesome sound. Get Back was awesome, had some crazy dancing and aerial moves. There was like 20 peeps on stage jumping arund and shit. At 1 point there was 4 peeps on roller skaets going off these ramps. They were just amazing.

My only disappointment is that the DVD is just the music and a yellow screen. I would have loved to see some of the Cirque De Soleil performance.

Oh I don't know. If there was anything on the screen while this is playing I'd be tempted to stay stationary and watch. I'd rather participate!

PS. I'll keep pinching bouche until your review makes it up! I didn't know you did one. right on!

Hmmm... yeah. Its amazing.

I reviewed this album but I dont think its been posted yet.

My only disappointment is that the DVD is just the music and a yellow screen. I would have loved to see some of the Cirque De Soleil performance.

Sorry, I'm going to find a way to merge your review to this thread. There is really so much to 'talk' about with this release. I am shocked at how fantastic the five one mix is. It made our dog Abbey stick her head in the subwoofer hole ;)

Yeah I'm surprised more people haven't talked about this. It's like the perfect acid soundtrack- hard to imagine George Martin hasn't at least tried acid.

It was interesting actually over Christmas my dad and I were listening to it and he started talking to me about when Hard Day's Night came out and he was a frat boy at UofT. He said that the first time he heard Yesterday on the radio he had to pull the car over to the side of the road and stop for a while. It occured to me when does that happen anymore?

George Martin is a genius!

Not disagreeing with that, he's a total genius, and for sure he's done acid... but... from my impressions of what I read about the album, George was in charge of the additional instrumentation and overall 'guidance', but his son Giles was doing the actual mashing-upping...

I might be out to lunch on this, someone correct me if I'm wrong please...

They were both involved, but I believe that they each took a lead on different mixes. One on the stereo, the other on the 5.1. I had a brief interview with them recently ... now where did i put it.

There was some funny content as his son was joking about how easy it must have been for George dealing only with a 4-track stereo mix .

AD, my memory probably failed me, but I think it was more like this, from the EW interview:

I'm not an audiophile, but it will be hard to listen to the standard CD after being immersed in the 5.1 surround version.

GILES: It's a trap, becoming obsessed with 5.1. I prefer the stereo.

SIR GEORGE: I know you do. People can get both versions and make up their minds. I'm very proud of the 5.1. I think it's better.

GILES: The stereo is better to me — being more old-fashioned than my very modern dad.

SIR GEORGE: MONO is better! [Laughing]

It's too bad you didn't do a third version of this, then, in mono.

SIR GEORGE: [Laughing] We should have. It's funny. When we were doing Sgt. Pepper, they spent three weeks mixing the mono. That was the one they considered important. Then they said, ''You do the stereo, George — it's nothing,'' and left me alone to do it. So I spent three days on that mix. That's the one everybody listens to, and they had nothing to do with it!

GILES: [Kidding] You only had four tracks to play with! Why did you need three days?

155412__b_martin_l.jpg

Edited by Guest