Jambands.ca

Dont feed your dog Iams!

lara

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the shit I read about PETA & them dumping animals in dumpsters, I won't listen to a single word they say. The story is from 2005, but their trial was this year. (links to that at the link I provided)

How can you trust a company that has Pamela Anderson, Fabio, Bea Arthur, and Corey Feldman (among others) writing cookbooks

for them?

I went to the place of a guy I work with once and his roommate had a pit bull whom he treated horribly! Locked it in the basement all day long, would just yell at it and kick it and hardly ever let it out. I guess the dog was very vicious before, I can only imagine how it is now. It's tried knocking over shit in there to try and get to the window, which isn't open anyways. I couldn't say anything really to these people as I was the only girl and they were all very intimidating tough guy's. My friend I work with has told me he's said shit to him but they guy still treat's his dog badly.

Pretty sad scene....Some people just don't deserve pets. Let your anger out on something that's not living and breathing please.

I have a friend who has her two dogs (a jack russell and a german wire-haired pointer) on a completely raw diet...they are really thriving, have no build-up on their teeth and don't have bad breath. Its actually not as expensive as you might think, but you have to be willing to do a lot of work (cleaning raw meat off bones, grinding up meat/veggies/suplements etc). If anyone is interested I am sure I could get some websites from her that would give more info...just PM me!

mike

FUCK PETA. Ethan, their so called spokesman, (the one that did the naked ads) also is a hardcore fisherman....as i've been fishing with him a few times.....

kinda hypocrytical eh?

I generally listen to the opposite of what Peta says.

If anyone wants some VERY interesting reading, have a look at the multi MILLION dollar study PETA paid for to show EVERYONE that fishing hurts the fish.....however, we never saw it make the light of day, because, their study PROVED THEIR OWN AGENDA WRONG!

their own study proved that fish DONT feel pain in their mouth.....

so they just put their tail between their legs and walked away....millions of dollars of PETA members funds down the toilet....i love it!

This post confuses me. Doesn't it make sense that if their study did not prove that fishing is cruel that they would have no reason to bring that issue to the public's attention? Why would they spend money to publicize a study that concludes that there is no reason for people to stop sport-fishing?

Further, given the results of that study, does it not make sense for PETA's spokesperson to engage in fishing, seeing how he has seen the results of a study that concludes that sport-fishing is not cruel?

Maybe I misunderstood your post?

I once went to a concert where all the procedes were going to PETA. It was horrible music and at the end of the night, I shit you not, the bar gave everyone who wanted it free meatlovers pizza.

The pizza wasn't good either but I laughed the whole time I ate it.

Irony is a dish best served with pepperoni.

Aloha,

Brad

FUCK PETA. Ethan' date=' their so called spokesman, (the one that did the naked ads) also is a hardcore fisherman....as i've been fishing with him a few times.....

kinda hypocrytical eh?

I generally listen to the opposite of what Peta says.

If anyone wants some VERY interesting reading, have a look at the multi MILLION dollar study PETA paid for to show EVERYONE that fishing hurts the fish.....however, we never saw it make the light of day, because, their study PROVED THEIR OWN AGENDA WRONG!

their own study proved that fish DONT feel pain in their mouth.....

so they just put their tail between their legs and walked away....millions of dollars of PETA members funds down the toilet....i love it![/quote']

This post confuses me. Doesn't it make sense that if their study did not prove that fishing is cruel that they would have no reason to bring that issue to the public's attention? Why would they spend money to publicize a study that concludes that there is no reason for people to stop sport-fishing?

Further, given the results of that study, does it not make sense for PETA's spokesperson to engage in fishing, seeing how he has seen the results of a study that concludes that sport-fishing is not cruel?

Maybe I misunderstood your post?

Of course it doesn't make sense to bring the report to the public, which is why they didn't, but as i said, for good reading, (because it is on the net) have a read. I think its great that something they were so hell bound about, something they actually named their number 1 focus on 2005, was shot down by their own study.

They still did a bunch of shock adds showing children watching their father put a hook in the families dog, and compare it to fishing....

Regardless, when a company spends millions of contributing pawns dollars, and gets nothing in return that they could use, it makes me happy.

About the host, he's been fishing for years, well before the results from the Peta Study. Its very hypocritical to have one of Peta spokespersons do something Peta feels so strongly against. But Hypocracy isn't anything new to Peta.

They have video footage, doesn't matter how old, the company should have been shut down.

Thing is, most of us humans don't even give a rats ass about the people being tortured to make our goods (and probably used as test subjects though we'll never really hear about that one) so I can't really see a huge following for people protecting animals, especially since they are up against big corporations who can easily screw them over. Who knows, maybe they do suck too.

I don't know what I'm getting at but the level of sickness we humans are capable of (and of ignoring) is disgusting.

I have to stop now.

i try and feed my dog and organic blend of meat and stuff that they sell at the pets store, its made locly, and come frozen in bags, its a bitof a pain becuase you have to keep it in your fridge and a bag only last week, so it take up half my freezer, to keep 2 weks supply on hand, its not as expensive it i thought i it would, around 15 bucks a week, for my 50 pound dog,

she loves it more then anyting else, she eats it so fast and looks alot heather since i switched her. but the only donw sides are you have to keep it frozen, so taking it camping is out if the question, and id have to pack it in a cooler just to drive to my cottgae, and i have to go to the pet store more often to get it which means it cost me more on the impulse dog toy you always end up walking out of the store with.

but even my vet recmend to feed you dog raw food, iover dry if possable, becuase dogs are carnivors, and need the raw meet

i love my dog. she eats at the table with us. her manners are impeccable. (although, not having opposable thumbs makes red wine glasses an adventure.)

... and I love my cats too, but at 5am, when its "feeeeeeeeeed meeeeeeeeee" time, i sometimes think cats should be outlawed.

all this talk about ethics makes me wanna kill and eat something!

This threads hilarious :)

I started it just as a FYI - warning expecting it to disappear into oblivion pretty quickly.

So we have the super sincere folks and the cynical 'fuck PETA' types all totally ignoring each other's comments.

IMO - I take what PETA says with a grain of salt knowing they can be over-zealous. BUT - I wont buy food from IAMs because they do still test on dogs, but have hey, goodie they've improved their living conditions. Thats not good enough.

Plus its a good reminder to look into where stuff - even dog food - comes from rather than only looking at the price...(which this cheapo has a tendency to do.)

I am generally pro-PETA, at least within this thread, but I don't think I ignored the comments from those against it. I think that in one case I specifically referred to such comments, and then explained why they were silly.

In fact, the person who made the original comment then replied to me. His reply was odd, in that it seemed to celebrate the idea that an animal-advocacy group spent its money on a study in order to help animals and that study turned out to be worthless, which makes little sense to me unless you are a person who likes to see pro-animal-groups go bankrupt; but in any event I don't think we ignored each other.

I am generally pro-PETA, at least within this thread, but I don't think I ignored the comments from those against it. I think that in one case I specifically referred to such comments, and then explained why they were silly.

In fact, the person who made the original comment then replied to me. His reply was odd, in that it seemed to celebrate the idea that an animal-advocacy group spent its money on a study in order to help animals and that study turned out to be worthless, which makes little sense to me unless you are a person who likes to see pro-animal-groups go bankrupt; but in any event I don't think we ignored each other.

Actually yeah, I noticed that Stonemtn... he was going to get back to you. But since that was the exception, it would have lost the impact to have included (except for Stonemtn etc etc) :)

I'm with you. No matter how hard-assed one is, its easy to be at least a little bit pro-PETA. You've got to admire their intentions.

My question is- how should they test their products then?

I'd be willing to bet that most human foodstuffs are tested on (gasp) humans before they're made available to the general public. And I would further bet that this doesn't entail putting these test humans in cages and cramming food in their eyes while some sort of vice-like mechanism keeps their head in place

anyway