Jambands.ca

Dont feed your dog Iams!

lara

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially the good ones that pave the road to Hell...

What does that even mean?

If you're referring to the old adage' date=' "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions," to me, it means that it's very easy when starting out to have good intentions, but end up with terrible results. Take, for example, recent security measures that counties such as the USA have implemented. They were put in place with the best of intentions (the security of the country), but could easily (or already have, some would say) result in an absolute Orwellian dictatorship.

I also use it when evaluating groups such as PETA: yes, their intentions may be honourable and good, but if their [i']actions are deplorable, then the group is ultimately behaving dishonourably.

Aloha,

Brad

My question is- how should they test their products then?

I'd be willing to bet that most human foodstuffs are tested on (gasp) humans before they're made available to the general public. And I would further bet that this doesn't entail putting these test humans in cages and cramming food in their eyes while some sort of vice-like mechanism keeps their head in place

anyway

other_simpsonsbox1_photo_01_md.jpg

His reply was odd, in that it seemed to celebrate the idea that an animal-advocacy group spent its money on a study in order to help animals and that study turned out to be worthless, which makes little sense to me unless you are a person who likes to see pro-animal-groups go bankrupt; but in any event I don't think we ignored each other.

I DO and WOULD LOVE to see this pro "animal" group go bankrupt. it is one of my dreams to see PETA go bankrupt.

Further, i dont believe the study i mentioned was going to help ANY animal in ANY way.

I'd like to think that what we're not seeing PETA do is probably the "meat" of their work, the stuff that is good and not simply shocking. I think the shock and awe tactics are just branding exercises to make sure you remember who they are, so that 1/1000th of the people who see it quietly give money to the organization to fund the staff and resources needed to send letters of intent to fast food chains and hog farms.

I don't know that any of this is true but as I said I would like to believe it is. It helps me swallow a naked lady reading from cue cards followed by recycled animal cruelty videos.

While not defending the animal production sector I think it's fair to say that not many consumers are willing to pay a real price for their pork chop or their bag of dog food. We would have to pay that price to ensure proper safety measures for slaughterhouse employees, hygenic facilities, humane rearing and slaughtering etc...All this hippy crap about going organic is great but the scale needed to change over the entire country, hell the entire city of Ottawa, is monumental and we are generally self-centred and unwilling to pay an extra 50 cents a pound for this "sleep well at night" meat.