Jambands.ca

Dont feed your dog Iams!

lara

I recently came across this website put together by PETA www.iamscruelty.com

Those lovely Iams commercials with the happy goldern retriever running through the grass are totally decieving. Iams tests all their products on animals and obviously its not the unoffending end product of their packaged food. At the very least Iams keeps dogs caged in terrible conditions for their life-time, and at the worst dogs have been killed, injured and allowed to suffer in order to monitor the effects of Iams products.

Take a look at the PETA website www.iamscruelty.com if you do feed Iams and if you'd like to see the evidence for yourself.

I've fed Iams before. :(

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, ever since PETA did some surveillance, IAMS completely cleaned up their act.

I didn't go to the link, but if it is what I've seen in the past it is about cruelty to animals by companies contracted by IAMS. If that is right, and if IAMS is telling the truth, they now exercise much stricter control over such contractors and pull the contract the moment they get wind of anything like this.

Proctor & Gamble owns Iams and has defended itself against these charges for years. It acknowledges that third party contractors did engage in cruel practices up until 2002, but insists it has rigorously enforced a non-cruelty policy since then. The American Kennel Club has also issued a statement in support of the company. Although, both the AKC and Proctor & Gamble statements have been rejected as spin by many animal rights activists.

I sense that there is a bit of truth to all of this, and its not as black and white as the PETA pages say. Recall that P&G is also the company whose logo was deemed satanic by many, resulting in the company actually changing it.

I used to feed my dog Eukanuba, which is owned by Iams, until I heard about the live testing that Iams was doing and immediately switched brands.

I raised the issue with my vet at our last checkup and she said that it was her understanding that Iams had cleaned up their act. That, like StoneMtn and phishtaper said, they had contracted out services and it was those contractors that were doing this testing, and that Iams was unaware.

Iams (or P&G or someone) sent out letters to all the vets stating what happened and what Iams had done to correct the situation.

I know that both Iams and Eukanuba are quality dog foods (not the best, but I can't really afford the best, but way better than a lot out there) and I have switched back to Eukanuba.

I do what I can to try and feed my dog the best food I can afford to get her and to do what I can to ensure that the food has been developed responsibly as well.

With all that said, I trust that Iams has cleaned up their act.

I have a pitbull in a very small cage. Once a day I go out and poke her several times with a large stick that has a giant nail through the end of it. When she gets really hungry we just throw her one of the small neighbourhood children.

Please adopt Booche.

Aloha,

Brad

FUCK PETA. Ethan, their so called spokesman, (the one that did the naked ads) also is a hardcore fisherman....as i've been fishing with him a few times.....

kinda hypocrytical eh?

I generally listen to the opposite of what Peta says.

If anyone wants some VERY interesting reading, have a look at the multi MILLION dollar study PETA paid for to show EVERYONE that fishing hurts the fish.....however, we never saw it make the light of day, because, their study PROVED THEIR OWN AGENDA WRONG!

their own study proved that fish DONT feel pain in their mouth.....

so they just put their tail between their legs and walked away....millions of dollars of PETA members funds down the toilet....i love it!