Jambands.ca

Things people do that piss you off

Davey Boy 2.0

Two things:

Basic bus logistics. It drives me insane when you get on the bus and there are people standing in the aisle near the front of the bus, blocking everyone's path to the back- wtf? Go to the back that way you're only in a few people's path, not every single person's who gets on the bus! Very basic logic here. Also, that guy that gets on and moves to right in front of the rear door is an idiot as well

We drive hwy 7 fairly often, a two lane highway with intermittent passing zones. The number one thing that drives me insane is that person who drives 80km/hr with a long line of cars behind them then SPEED UP once they get to the passing zone, thus restricting the number of cars that canget by, then SLOW DOWN again once they're past the passing zone! The passing zone isn't some sort of fucking mini race!

ahhh that feels a little bit better

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basic bus logistics. It drives me insane when you get on the bus and there are people standing in the aisle near the front of the bus, blocking everyone's path to the back- wtf? Go to the back that way you're only in a few people's path, not every single person's who gets on the bus! Very basic logic here. Also, that guy that gets on and moves to right in front of the rear door is an idiot as well

Sing it sister! Sometimes I take this occasion to be a dick, announcing to the herd of lemmings as I make my way past, "You know, there are a lot of seats at the back of the bus."

Idiot at the rear door sometimes gets the, "Oh, you're not getting off at the next stop?"

Add to that list bus riders who get on for one stop. It's unbelievable to me that someone would wait at McKenzie King bridge to catch a bus to go all of 100 meters to the next stop at Ottawa U.

Add to that list bus riders who get on for one stop.

add to that those able-bodied people who take the elevator down one floor.

i get severely frustrated with drivers that scoot ahead of cars waiting in the off-ramp lane, and dangerously force their way in at the last second. bonus points to the ones that do it when its icy.

Sing it sister! Sometimes I take this occasion to be a dick, announcing to the herd of lemmings as I make my way past, "You know, there are a lot of seats at the back of the bus."

Idiot at the rear door sometimes gets the, "Oh, you're not getting off at the next stop?"

Add to that list bus riders who get on for one stop. It's unbelievable to me that someone would wait at McKenzie King bridge to catch a bus to go all of 100 meters to the next stop at Ottawa U.

You go girl- idiocy makes it entirely acceptable to be as rude as the situation merits, in my books

Maybe even a little bit ruder, just to drive home the point

Hwy 7 ... that person who drives 80km/hr with a long line of cars behind them then SPEED UP once they get to the passing zone, thus restricting the number of cars that can get by, then SLOW DOWN again once they're past the passing zone!

sounds like Georgetown. Soccer mom on her cellphone in a mini-van, right? yeah, i know her too. ;)

Two things:

We drive hwy 7 fairly often, a two lane highway with intermittent passing zones. The number one thing that drives me insane is that person who drives 80km/hr with a long line of cars behind them then SPEED UP once they get to the passing zone, thus restricting the number of cars that canget by, then SLOW DOWN again once they're past the passing zone! The passing zone isn't some sort of fucking mini race!

ahhh that feels a little bit better

right....you guys have to veer into the patch sometimes on your 7 adventures.

Add to that list bus riders who get on for one stop.

add to that those able-bodied people who take the elevator down one floor.

Good one. Also, people who use the handicap button to open the door. First of all it's a lot faster to open the door manually. Secondly, please realize how fortunate you are not to have to use that button.

i get severely frustrated with drivers that scoot ahead of cars waiting in the off-ramp lane, and dangerously force their way in at the last second. bonus points to the ones that do it when its icy.

you're not supposed to stop in those off-ramp lanes, that's dangerous, it's a merge lane, not a "stop and scoot in at a dangerously lower speed" lane.

THAT'S what pissed me off. :)

Two things:

tell me about it....and it's even worse when one of them is either A) yammering nonsense in my ear, or B) chatting on there cellphone right beside me, as if they want me to be part of the conversation.

I actually heard this girl talking to a friend on her cellphone, about how she's pissed off at her dad. Why, you may ask, her dad's in prison for murder apparently.

zero/kung/luke. plain and simple.

Let the games begin.

That’s getting old.

Anyway, I hate it when people are loud during someone’s set. Especially when it’s the opening band and their girlfriends making all the noise. A few of you here are guilty of this.

Don’t worry Deeps. I haven’t seen you do this.

how about passing to the right!?

you're walking down the street, 90% of people understand that you keep to the right in order to avoid bumping square into others but there's another 10% that have no clue whatsoever, these are the same people that seem to always have a perplexed look about them, like the world doesn't quite make sense to them

You guys are funny.

That reminds me. It drives me nuts when you’re walking towards someone and there’s a bunch of room for you both to comfortably pass each other but the other person walks directly towards you and they expect you to get out of their way.

Also, that guy that gets on and moves to right in front of the rear door is an idiot as well

Even more idiotic is the guy who moves to in front of the rear door, then, when someone wants to get off the bus, he moves out of the way to let the person out, and then moves back to in front of the door. Uh, buddy, the fact that you had to move out of the way is a sign that you're in people's way, so why the fvck are you moving back? Feeps like this make me wish I had a clue-by-four handy for some upside-the-head edumacation.

Aloha,

Brad

When people do that to me, if they are obviously being rude by walking on the wrong side or just appear arrogant, I walk right into them; hard, without slowing down. (I also walk very fast.)

If they actually say something about it, I might comment that perhaps they should have moved to the right. If not, I just keep walking.