Jambands.ca

"The Secret" holy crap... it works!

Think about it' date=' people that become rock stars generally, think about being a rock star all the time. They thought about from a very young age, imagined what it would be like, practising all the time, basically obsessed by it. I would guess that Jimi Hendrix thought about guitar almost all the time, they say he even slept with his guitar.[/quote']

I don't know, I would guess that maybe 1 out of every half million people that go for it become rock stars. People obsess about music all their lives and it never happens. They practice all day every day and they'll never get a deal. Bad example I think.

Maybe a bad example, but do think that the people the didn't make it played, thought, and lived music as much as the ones who did?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't buy into the infomercial. I just came back from the strip bar. I knew all day I was gonna go so I applied my knowledge of "THE SECRET" shhh.. and guess what?? NO FREE LAP DANCE!!! As a matter of fact I found nothing but hideous B-Squad dancers at this place. I stayed positive though. I kept BELIEVING and SEEING myself with a sexy dancer. Nada!

Another example?

I walked to the mall today to get some blank cd's. I remembered the looking on the ground for free money trick and that's all I thought about there and back. I found a bottle of sun tan lotion and some crackers. I kept thinking positively though! After all, the bottle of sun tan lotion was half FULL NOT half EMPTY! Unfortunately the crackers looked pretty gross.

Edited by Guest

woah waoh... i got confidence to approach ladies from THE GAME and other PUA liturature....and constant approach...some success, many failures....

the point is the secret helped me improve my state of mind to approach her effectively... the skills and confidence i had already instilled in me from other experiences helped me seal the deal.

hense

APPLIED SKILL + POSITIVE THINKING = RESULTS.

but if you want to know THE REAL SECRET.....

i scream booche's name when i masturbate.

Edited by Guest

how about this....Walk around and be a jerk to everyone for a week, tell yourself you suck, let your internal dialog be unfocused. What are the results in your life if you kept this going for years and years?

What if you did the opposite for years and years?

That's the point of the movie...and there are trivial tid bits in the movie, the overall point is very refreshing though.

Edited by Guest

Don't know anything about "The Secret." Never heard of it until I opened this thread.

What I do know is this - after a multitude of years on this fair planet and having dealt with 100's and 100's and 100's of people (incl teachers/students/parents/grandparents/board members/ministry officials etc etc etc), in my experience, I have found the following to be true - those who thought the world was out to do them no good were right.............and those who thought the world was out to do them good were also right.