Jambands.ca

"The Secret" holy crap... it works!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll need to find a quantum physist and a graduated philosopher to truely enjoy the conversation you're looking for there D. :)

I'm already filled with questions that I'm not certain I'd even nderstand the answer to if I were told...so I'm keeping it simple. Though now I'll add a 'no harm clause' to my requests. :) ...oops not no harm but...painless.

Edited by Guest

yeah' date=' like in saved, when mandy moore asked god for an expensive car, she got the handi-van to drive a crippled macauley culkin around in. classic.[/quote']

That's an incredibly good movie.

FINALLY!!!! someone else sees the light! i'm so excited i could throw a bible and scream I AM FILLED WITH CHRIST'S LOVE!!!

i love that movie. and i've taken a lot of flac for that too. and i just remembered patrick fugits dad in the movie who dates mary's mom....the dad is the DEA agent husband on weeds, and the mom is the mom on weeds! ooo!

But where do I find that clarity to discover my wants in order the specify them? What if my wants, as they stand at present, have the consequence of a multitude of victims whom I might not ever take into account or even recognize as the necessary victims of that particular wants fulfillment?

I recommend the nitrous

Vishnu says:

The transcendental Personality of Godhead is indirectly associated with the three modes of material nature, namely passion, goodness and ignorance, and just for the material world's creation, maintenance and destruction He accepts the three qualitative forms of Brahma, Vishnu and Siva. Of these three, all human beings can derive ultimate benefit from Vishnu, the form of the quality of goodness.

ok, thats actually what people say about Vishnu ... just workin the avatar

yeah' date=' like in saved, when mandy moore asked god for an expensive car, she got the handi-van to drive a crippled macauley culkin around in. classic.[/quote']

That's an incredibly good movie.

FINALLY!!!! someone else sees the light! i'm so excited i could throw a bible and scream I AM FILLED WITH CHRIST'S LOVE!!!

i love that movie. and i've taken a lot of flac for that too. and i just remembered patrick fugits dad in the movie who dates mary's mom....the dad is the DEA agent husband on weeds, and the mom is the mom on weeds! ooo!

I think it's hard to convice people to watch a movie that stars Mandy Moore and Macauley Culkin. But seriously, everyone should watch it!

it's got a pretty good cast though, fugit from almost famous and the girl from donnie darko...i think they balance out the other two.

pastor skip's back flips are awesome.

when i first watched it, it was so eerie, cause, that's what it's really like. hands up in the air and everything.

Yes - very good movie, and very subculturally accurate.

I dunno, I've been wary around this whole positivity thing, but then in the car this morning I had on an old mixed cd I rediscovered that timouse had made for me 10+ years ago, and got a good listen of Dr. John doing "Accentuate the Positive". The way he plays it, how could you not?

You've got to accentuate the positive

Eliminate the negative

Latch on to the affirmative

Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum

Bring gloom down to the minimum

Have faith or pandemonium

Liable to walk upon the scene

(To illustrate his last remark

Jonah in the whale, Noah in the ark

What did they do

Just when everything looked so dark)

Man, they said we better

Accentuate the positive

Eliminate the negative

No, do not mess with Mister In-Between

Do you hear me, hmm?

(Oh, listen to me children and-a you will hear

About the elininatin' of the negative

And the accent on the positive)

And gather 'round me children if you're willin'

And sit tight while I start reviewin'

The attitude of doin' right

(You've gotta accentuate the positive

Eliminate the negative

Don't mess with Mister In-Between)

You've got to spread joy (up to the maximum)

Bring gloom (down) down to the minimum

Otherwise (otherwise) pandemonium

Liable to walk upon the scene

To illustrate (well illustrate) my last remark (you got the floor)

Jonah in the whale, Noah in the ark

What did they say (what did they say)

Say when everything looked so dark

Man, they said we better

Accentuate the positive

Eliminate the negative

No! Don't mess with Mister In-Between

Drawk, I guess the universe wouldn't supply to those who have not developed themselves to be in a harmonious position aligned with it. It's not that the Universe is judgmental, it's that people rarely perceive themselves as an equal part of the universe.

If we were able to see the reality that we are a part of it all, that we are an expression of the universe, when we ask for something it would do no damage to others. It would do no harm because when we are aligned with the universe, we would only nurture as it does.

The collective agreement upon human consciousness is quite limited at the present time...

how about this....Walk around and be a jerk to everyone for a week, tell yourself you suck, let your internal dialog be unfocused. What are the results in your life if you kept this going for years and years?

What if you did the opposite for years and years?

That's the point of the movie...and there are trivial tid bits in the movie, the overall point is very refreshing though.

I don't think anyone is questioning the power of positive thinking.

What ticks me off is the commodification of something obvious being sold on Oprah as "The Secret". It's not a bloody secret.

That's true...but it is suppressed in us either consciously or unconsciously by the media. The constant bombardment of media represented ideals get in the way of most people finding a natural state of 'positivity'. Oprah is the leader for making people these media bugs.

If we were able to see the reality that we are a part of it all, that we are an expression of the universe, when we ask for something it would do no damage to others. It would do no harm because when we are aligned with the universe, we would only nurture as it does.

wook17-tn.jpg

WOOOOW... Far out maaaaan.

yeah, you're right...hippies generally have a good sense about them...but just so smart that they tear a hole in anything that doesn't quite fit the niche!

Hippies tear holes in things that don't fit a "niche"? What does this mean?

What I am trying to say is this concept of the power of positive thinking is itself a negative proposition, for reasons I've laid out before in this thread.

I just see a niche as something that limits one's experience to a cataloged perspective.

I didn't say that people having an opinion was a bad thing. 'Hippies' have a passionate eye, heart and mind for most subjects and when something comes up that may go against the grain of their feelings, mindset or attitude, they'll rip a hole in it with logic, passion, and a new approach. I think it's good, but it's still a niche.

• 2 weeks later...