Jambands.ca

The only good thing about the P-Funk show.

StoneMtn

This made me laugh. Someone on another board just saw George Clinton and P-Funk in Vancouver. It was terrible, and I can relate, because I'd seen the same fiasco, years ago.

Anyway, this was one quote from the middle of his long, scathing review:

There was one positive thing I feel to note: the "doobie check" service at the door. You could actually check your joints and pick them up after the show!

I met them all on the Smoking Grooves tour with the Roots, Cypress Hill, Erykah Badu and the Jungle Bros. showed up. It was a great show but basically just his crackhead buddies in star childs gear. It just continued to get worse that way. I suspected Miami was cringe worthy cause they would have been blasted hard and then it's just a crackhead formerly known as George Clinton.

I call the Phish Miami P-Funk jam "The All Star Tribute to Crack Cocaine".

It was a super-duper drag because it was shaping up to be quite the show in the first set. And then SOMETHING (gee, who knows what?) happened over setbreak and Trey thought he was Jim Morrison. And then P-Funk came out and the dream was over. Another one bit the dust.

saw him at the docks a while back now, thought it was a great show...although i do remember them not getting onstage until midnight or so.

as for miami, ...i agree , i seek phish for phish...didnt really dig it. while i havnt seen that many additons to the group on stage the only one i truly remember enjoying was when the boston choir joined them nye/96. wow, over a decade ago...im old.

I saw the same one your talking about Secondtube (and perhaps edger), I enjoyed that one also. Although, I only seem to remember Fatties, P-Funk & the laser Floyd light show...

I was also at this, I remember the rain and I remember eating a risotto's worth of mushrooms.

That was my one and only P-Funk experience sans George and it was truly outstanding.

when did the laser light show thing happen?

man, do u remember THE RAIN!!!!!!!!

wow.

I think after the rain, but I could be wrong. By that point of the night, I was practically walking comatose. I went between there and Rory spinnin' GD until finally laying down on the wet ground beside my van because Scotty took off with my keys...

That was the weekend I met tigger, Mr. Pinchy and another guy whose name sadly escapes me, who were all camped beside me.

Ah, yes the infamous monsoon. That was one washed out weekend, and yet the party raged on...

Yes, that was one of the shows I was talking about (san Clinton). What a night! I remember Jelena dancing on stage with them, only soon to be joined by many others. I also saw p-funk with George at Woodstock 99. Good times, although I do remember the crowd being a little dull. They performed on one of the quieter side stages. I think a good portion of the crowd was really there to see Korn and Limp Bizkit (sp?), and really didn't know what to make out of p-funk.

Crap, i forgot about Jelena jumping on stage....if i remember correctly, i believe quite a few females followed her.....

great times....even with the rain...

what about the rave raging on, on the other side of the airforce base......crazy times.

rave kidz seeing what the stage was all about, and us going (albiet very briefly) over to hear the speakers.....i remember the speakers on that side being taller than me!

I have seen about 11 or 12 P-Funk shows including the Phish/P-Funk 2003.

Out of all of them I would say about 3 were brutal. The rest were killer.

Especially the ones at The Kee to Bala in Bala ontario.

Basically the band is killer and George can be too if you catch him at the right time.

And yes crack is a huge part of the problem....for George and his crew.....

But drugs always have been for them....in the 70s it was PCP.......