Jambands.ca

Record Shops in Toronto

Asparagus

I know that this question had been asked ad nauseum, but I was wondering where some good record shops are in Toronto? In town for two nights for the Rheos (still have two tickets for sale), and I normally breeze in and out, so it will be nice to hang out for a bit. I'm looking mainly for vinyl, but cds as well. All info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rotate This specializes in indie rock and for artists on really small labels.

My favourite record shop is Criminal Records on Queen Street West, one block west of Spadina on the south side. Great CD selection with excellent prices, plus they have a wide variety of cool shirts and other rock paraphernalia.

You could also try CD Replay in the Annex (around Bloor and Brunswick). Right near CD Replay is a massive CD store (on the north side of Bloor across the street) - I forgot the name but you can't miss it.

The original Sam's at Yonge and Gould is still a really good store.

Also, Soundscapes in Little Italy on College Street (near Bathurst) is really good too.

Edited by Guest

Yesturday I was told that the Rheo's are doing the Horseshoe the day before Massey hall. I was offered a ticket yesturday and took it! asparagus are you checking that horseshoe gig?

he posted in another thread that he's attending the horseshoe show.

Beauty folks! Thank-you very kindly. Now all I need is information on where to buy some fancy pants. New topic, I guess.

Either Bay store at the Eaton Centre (Queen Street and Yonge) or Bloor and Yonge. Those stores kick ass.

If you want something really "fancy", try the Church & Wellesley area. That's where Davey Boy always gets his assless pants.

Beauty folks! Thank-you very kindly. Now all I need is information on where to buy some fancy pants. New topic' date=' I guess.[/quote']

Either Bay store at the Eaton Centre (Queen Street and Yonge) or Bloor and Yonge. Those stores kick ass.

If you want something really "fancy", try the Church & Wellesley area. That's where Davey Boy always gets his assless pants.

By fancy, I mean plaid-type fancy. Or, I suppose, pin-stripe fancy, not necessarily $100 type fancy. Seriously everybody, thanks for all the information. It's going to be a very busy Friday.

mmm sort of... :crazy:

I find they always have an excellent selection of phresh AfroBeat, World, Funk, Jazz, Reggae, Hip-Hop etc... That suits me just fine! I guess it depends on what your looking for. You won't find top 40 at Rotate.

mmm sort of... :crazy:

I find they always have an excellent selection of phresh AfroBeat' date=' World, Funk, Jazz, Reggae, Hip-Hop etc... That suits me just fine! I guess it depends on what your looking for. You won't find top 40 at Rotate.

[/quote']

It is excellent for the music you mentioned too, I was just streamlining the store a bit for Asparagus.