Jambands.ca

I need help Sleeping

mister slippery

capitol N small y big fuckin [color:green]Q

Nyquil, Nyquil, Nyquil we love you, you GIANT fackin Q

thanks, MOBE, tried it.

knocks me out, same waking difficulty though.

See, sleeping isnt the problem, i can fall asleep.

it's once im there that all hell breaks loose.

its funny, the "waking up screaming" part of this dilemma. i think the screaming is actually in the dream, and im waking up after that. my room-mate says he hasnt heard a thing all week.

so very strange.

Dave,

I feel your pain buddy. I have dealt with messed up sleeping for quite some time now. I've tried meds in the past and they worked great I slept a ton, until I ran out.

My sleep issues are no doubt totally different then yours so I can't say what worked for me will work for you, but awhile back while going through one of my insomnia episodes, onthejourney (from the board here) gave me a bag of dried lavender and a tea (which I forget). Anyway, I took the lavender and put it in a cloth bag inside my pillow. Sure enough, it eventually worked (two nights maybe). Seeing as your looking for suggestions I figured I'd offer that up.

Here's a bit about it.

Lavender Can Help with Insomnia

yeah..

Camomile tea is really good for relaxing. I also got this tea called "lucid Dream Tea" it's by the algonquin tea co. and I find it really relaxes you and helps put U in the sleepy mood :D

Also.. maybe get like one of those guided meditation tapes/cd's...Those are really good for relaxing too.

I'm soo sorry you're having these crazy dreams!! Maybe also just think happy thoughts before U head off to Zzzz land....

HUGS my friend!!!!

Sarah

I have a vague memory of some stall somewhere in Toronto selling a lot of different lavender stuff, I think it was possibly in St. Lawrence market? I could be mistaken though.

I hope you get some sleep soon. I like sarah's guided meditation tape idea. I have one that I have never heard the end of.

having read this months Macleans mag, i thought about that.

And I know its not helpful, but Macleans is a weekly, non? You should know that ;).

Valerian is legal as far as I know and have used it myself for quite some time.. very nice in a tea with honey... All the best Super Dave... i miss you Buddy and hope things turn around for you... all be keeping you in my thoughts... not that that helps but I'll be sending heady calm sleeping vibes your way... take care brother!

btw ... i blame Chapters

Dave,

Back in the day, somewhat like you described, I had dreams which terrified me to the point of insomnia.

A friend gave me a copy of Carlos Castaneda's "The Art of Dreaming".

The book helped me realize that I wasn't having nightmares at all.

I was Lucid Dreaming.

It helped me learn how to guide the course and outcome of the dreams.

Nowadays, I quite enjoy Lucid Dreams when they happen.

Wether my story helps or not in your case, I wish you good luck catching some quality ZZZZ soon!