Ms Zimmy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Road hockey' date=' hide and go seek in the dark and red ass!![/quote']

what's red ass? sounds fun ;)

Game played by elementary school children. A tennis ball is thrown against a brick wall.

Anyone is free to catch it. If the person attempting to catch the ball bobbles it, they must run to touch

the wall before being pelted with the ball by another player.

If they are unsuccessful in reaching the wall, the player must stand, facing the wall, whilst each of the other

contestants throws the ball at his rear end.

Baseball was big in our neighbourhood when I was growing up; in the winter, it was all about building the most complex tunnel-fort we could under the huge pile of snow that would get plowed into the middle of the crescent down the street (which is apparently no-go these days).

Then they came out with video games.

Skipping was the best!

Also, Hide and Seek, UNO, Crokinolle, Colouring, Making outfits for my dolls, Lite Bright, Tetris, Pictionary

Yes!! Crokinol(what is the right spelling? i left school in grade 10) was my favorite!! 31 with my dad.. Also playing Star Trek with my brothers in our big willow tree.

Guns in the basement with all the lights off. Scary as shit.

Also neighborhood tag played on a city block and you couldn't touch pavement. If you wanted to cross the alley you had to throw shit down like stone or sticks to jump on to get a across. Sounds easy but when you had someone barrelling down on you you had to think fast.

marbles

fort in the woods behind my house..which also involved various variations of cops and robbers, bomb shelter, coyboys and indians and huge games of hide and seek. One of our friends got in trouble cause he hid past dark.

skipping

Catching garter snakes and putting them in our socks to take home.

Trying to make each and every stray or wild animal a pet.

Putting said animals in Red Flyer wagon and variously pulling it around serenely OR tying the handle back and pushing it down hills.

Puppet shows...endless,endless puppet shows.The whole using chairs and sheets to make the theatre, making sock puppets, writing elaborate scripts,drafting all visting relatives or friends and siblings to play parts.

The only high school "game" was usually locating a french canadian dealer invariably named Vern to buy hash ,doing BT's,stealing Gt snowracers from neighborhood kids and tying them behind vehicles to madly race up and down shoreline streets.

Catching garter snakes and putting them in our socks to take home.

Trying to make each and every stray or wild animal a pet.

Putting said animals in Red Flyer wagon and variously pulling it around serenely OR tying the handle back and pushing it down hills.

Puppet shows...endless,endless puppet shows.The whole using chairs and sheets to make the theatre, making sock puppets, writing elaborate scripts,drafting all visting relatives or friends and siblings to play parts.

The only high school "game" was usually locating a french canadian dealer invariably named Vern to buy hash ,doing BT's,stealing Gt snowracers from neighborhood kids and tying them behind vehicles to madly race up and down shoreline streets.

lol is your real name Erin and are you my sister?

all of that except we would pull the GT's behind the oldest skidoo ever and go over jumps...not safe but fun as hell!

When I was really young we lived on a farm. We made mazes out of bails of straw, jumped down the hay chutes, chased geese, rode horses, and just entertained ourselves to no end with the great outdoors.

As I got older and moved to the city, we used to reinact movies in our backyard. Nightmare on Elmstreet, Back to the Future, etc.

We also got into some trouble hitting crab apples with tennis rackets into the street. Once we hit a car and the guy got out and talked to my parents. BIG trouble.

I played a lot of cards, dice and crokinole with my grandparents, I still love to do that when I visit them.

Nitendo - Super Mario Brothers and Zelda. Oh Hellz Yeah!

jaimoe and i lived on a cul-de-sac, had loads of road hockey games there growing up. of course jaimoe would always get put on the team with the best and biggest player, to even things out a bit.

then after about 30 minutes of inaction his nose would bleed and he'd have to go home.

we'd also play baseball there fairly often but jaimoe would get to use a tennis racket rather than a bat. he did have a pretty good batting average though, i'll give him that