Jambands.ca

Primus Phone and Internet service???

M.O.B.E

I just made the switch. Anyone else on Primus?? Just wondering if I did the right thing. $69.95 plus tax for phone service with every calling feature, unlimited North American long distance calling plus high speed internet at 5Mbps.

I got the extra highspeed interenet for an extra $10 which gives me 12Mbps. My internet speed was the main reason I switched. Bell capped my bandwidth and I was only getting 700kbps download on a really good day. Primus did a line test and I got their download at 9.73 Mbsp on a 12Mbsp feed.

The other reason I switched was FUCK BELL, they are a bunch of felchers.

VOIP was an option but it wasnt available to me because of constuction around my house. All the lines are re-routed right now due to a major 401 interchange and Walmart plaza being built across the road.

Primus was the next best and also cheapest. Cheap is the key right now. We just bought a new Grocery Grabber and kiddo #3 is due in 2 months.

Ive been on a major budget reducing kick the last month also mainly because Im scottish and I cant stand watch all this money go out for something other than beer or whiskey ;)

When I sold phone services last year Primus was the cheapest available. However they didn't have numbers for every area of Ontario at that time. They couldn't do Brantford numbers, but that was a year ago. They were the best deal around, I sold multiple companies.

Freak i'd like to hear why you think Primus sucks? We've got this deal too and it's golden.

What happened is I made a joke post mixing up Primus the phone provider with Primus the band. Freak responded with Primus Sucks because that is a sort of joke cheer that Primus the band encourages their fans to shout at the band. It had nothing to do with the actuall phone provider, AFAIK.

Freak i'd like to hear why you think Primus sucks? We've got this deal too and it's golden.

What happened is I made a joke post mixing up Primus the phone provider with Primus the band. Freak responded with Primus Sucks because that is a sort of joke cheer that Primus the band encourages their fans to shout at the band. It had nothing to do with the actuall phone provider' date=' AFAIK.

[/quote']

yeah - what he said.

I saw Primus (the band) in the early 1990s and I couldn't believe that the crowd was yelling "Primus sucks" before they hit the stage. One of the people I was with explained to me that that cheer is actually encouraged by Les and the boys!

Ive been on a major budget reducing kick the last month also mainly because Im scottish ...

being Scottish means we are genetically predisposed to never throw anything away, no matter what its condition. because someone, somewhere, someday might find some use for it ...

366060.jpg

I'm with Primus....Bittorrents FLY!

Im getting the 12Mbps service, I cant wait.

When I phoned Bell to close my account they sure did offer alot of free upgrades to keep me. The guy took great offence to my laughter too. I wasn't nasty about it, I just couldnt stop laughing at him.

I was just checking out the Primus Canada website and it seems like a good deal...

Is anyone out there using their wireless service as well?...They seem to have a lot of hidden charges in there and it's hard to get a handle on what the actual final cost is going to be versus Bell Mobility (or Rogers or anyone else for that matter)...

They seem to have a lot of hidden charges in there and it's hard to get a handle on what the actual final cost is going to be

Thats the easy part.

I TOLD the Primus rep when I was on the phone, " The first bill that comes in that is more than 79.95+taxes, not only will I cancel my service but I will sue you for misrepresentation of services rendered. MAKE NOTE IN MY FILE. Thank you" I was assured there was no hidden fees and my rates wouldnt go up unless I changed my package.

I do the same with my mortgage and credit cards. I think my highest interest rate right now is 5.8% on my mortgage. If you dictate to the compant what is going to happen, they really have no choice. Especially when you tell you they wont get any money at all from you.

Edited by Guest

We moved in January and I signed on for bell phone/internet with full intentions to switch to primus as soon as the bell intro rate kicked out.

How did it work? Was the transition smooth? Do they send you a new modem etc? Can bell affect your service somehow since they own the physical wires still?

Any input is appreciated.. I'm excited to switch (planning to this week actually). Right now I have a bell router with built in wireless and it really sucks. I have to reboot it every other day, and the signal is pure crap. Not to mention bell is just pure shit to deal with.

I just made the switch. Anyone else on Primus?? Just wondering if I did the right thing. $69.95 plus tax for phone service with every calling feature, unlimited North American long distance calling plus high speed internet at 5Mbps.

I got the extra highspeed interenet for an extra $10 which gives me 12Mbps. My internet speed was the main reason I switched. Bell capped my bandwidth and I was only getting 700kbps download on a really good day. Primus did a line test and I got their download at 9.73 Mbsp on a 12Mbsp feed.

The other reason I switched was FUCK BELL, they are a bunch of felchers.

i don't really understand the internet speed thing, sorry :) but how do i know how fast it is? i have primus 'advanced' internet now, it's 39.95 per month. i am moving soon so i thought maybe i should get primus phone service (and cancel my bell phone) so i only pay one bill. so i called primus and they are offering 39.95 for both the internet and phone services together. i'm just worried that with this lower price it won't be as fast/good quality or something.

also, they said i should move first, with bell, and then make the switch.

but i see online once you sign up it can take 10 business days, so that's not good.

i don't really know what i'm asking here but if anyone can help me that would be great, hehehe

You have to have an active bell phone number at your house before primus can hook you up. This is because they lease the physical lines from bell. So make sure you are settled in with bell, then you can call to make the switch.

The fact that they can lease lines from bell AND offer lower rates than bell really tells you something about bells gouging policies :P