Jambands.ca

50 Worst Bands EVER...

Patchoulia

Ok, I just saw Primus on the list and I finally realized that this is all just a big joke. HAHA, you got me. Cause I know that even the most musically illeterate, bumbling fool will reognize the pure genius that is Les Claypool. Primus may not be nice on the ears all the time, but please, you have to respect it. Where's Zappa and the Beatles on the list if you are gonna put Primus, Arrested Deelopement and Yanni on. You may hate Yanni, but millions of people worldwide can't be wrong.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not necessarily endorsing their choices..in fact, I was sure that the inclusion of several of these artists would incite controversy...but I'd thought I'd share, nonetheless. [big Grin]

P.S. I don't think Milli Vanilli counts.

P.S.S. Even seeing the name "Richard Marx" gives me chills...I'm not sure if it is his "music" or his mullet that scares me more....

Oh, I wan't saying anything about you bro. I understood fullly well that you were putting the list up from the mag for us to see and poke apart, which is precisely what I am doing. I am actually very blown away that any music mag would publish this and it is great you put it up so we ca see just how weird the pop music scene has become where they stop recognizing the acheivements of certain musicians.

Acroding to them some of my favorit bands suck(Melon,ELP,Alan Parsons Project, Primus, Iron Butterfly, Gipsy Kings). You know what i think BLENDER sucks. if you want to read a good music mag, read MOJO.BLENDERS artical on Stevie Wonder is a copy of a MOJO artical from july. just not as good.

I'm so proud - when I saw the topic I knew for sure my boys in ELP would be near the top, but to make it to number 2! Good work mates!!

Keith Emerson, Greg Lake and Carl Palmer - working together to piss off the idiotic music press since 1971! [big Grin]

-

If only they'd made that much anticipated sequel to "Love Beach", they might have made it to number 1...

Peace,

Mr. M.

P.S. Heard today at Maxium Magazine Inc.: Ah Mr. Pemberton, a Mr. Emerson is here to see you with a case of knives and exploding Moog synthesizers...

quote:

Originally posted by peacedudeII:

quote:

The Doors were boring

[Confused][Confused][Confused][Confused][Confused][Confused][Confused]

bor·ing [ bṓring, báwring ]

adjective: uninteresting; stimulating no interest or enthusiasm

bor·ing·ly adverb

bor·ing·ness noun

Word Key: Synonyms: boring, dull, monotonous, tedious, uninteresting

CORE MEANING: causing a state of impatience and weariness

"Boring", the most general term in this group, can be used as a substitute for both “dull” and “monotonous” and simply indicates that somebody or something is lacking in interest, stimulation, or variety; "dull", uninteresting because of a lack of liveliness, humor, or variety; "monotonous", suggesting that the cause is too much uniformity and a lack of variation; "tedious", suggesting weariness to the point of physical as well mental discomfort; "uninteresting", suggesting simply that something is not engaging somebody’s interest rather than that it is arousing actual impatience or weariness.

Okay, I admit that the band itself was decent (particularly Robbie Krieger), but I think the word "boring" applies perfectly to Jim Morrison. Even if you are really, really high... [Roll Eyes]

OK artists(I use artist very losely) that should but did not make the list:

1. Bryan Adams-An easy choice

2. Bee Gees

3. New kids on the block

Anyway my point is that this has to be the worst mag ever made. The list of crappy bands/artists should always start with Avril, but who cares I think the real number one choice is anything form the late 90's and 2000. I meen Britney Spears come on!

Archived