Jambands.ca

50 Worst Bands EVER...

Patchoulia

..as decided upon by "Blender" magazine...

I don't know how anyone could be considered worse than Celine...but, to each his own, I suppose...

Music's dinosaurs live on in Hall of Shame

Mick Jagger has been named alongside Michael Bolton and Celine Dion as one of the 50 worst artists in music history.

Paul Oakenfold, Bob Geldof and cult band The Doors also made the list compiled by US music magazine Blender.

It ranked Jagger at number 13, mocking the Rolling Stones frontman's solo ventures as worse than something produced by a "tone deaf six-year-old".

David Bowie's ill-conceived rock band Tin Machine fared even worse, listed at number 12, and described simply as "really, really bad".

Jamiroquai's Jay Kay was on the list, named as the 25th worst music artist of all time, and dubbed "the white, talentless Stevie Wonder".

The magazine rated Bob Geldof's solo efforts at number 39, saying he "should have stuck to saving the planet", while Mike Rutherford's group Mike and the Mechanics was listed at 43.

Kenny G, Vanilla Ice and Michael Bolton all made the top 10, edging out Celine Dion who was ranked at number 26.

The Doors were named at number 37, with the magazine criticising singer Jim Morrison for inflicting his "terminally adolescent views on the wider world".

Rap-rock duo Insane Clown Posse were named the worst music artists ever by Blender.

The pair are best known for an ongoing feud with Eminem and for once asking Sharon Osbourne to "buff my pickle" on the Howard Stern radio show.

Blender's editor, Andy Pemberton, said: "If I were any of these groups, I would be angry about making the list - but they should be better. It's their fault they're on it."

The full list:

1. Insane Clown Posse

2. Emerson, Lake and Palmer

3. Michael Bolton

4. Kenny G

5. Starship

6. Kansas

7. Asia

8. Vanilla Ice

9. Lee Greenwood

10. Air Supply

11. Latoya Jackson

12. Tin Machine

13. Mick Jagger

14. Yngwie Malmsteen

15. Yanni

16. Oingo Boingo

17. Benzino

18. Pat Boone

19. Dan Fogelberg

20. Howard Jones

21. The Alan Parsons Project

22. Primus

23. Creed

24. Bad English

25. Jamiroquai

26. Celine Dion

27. Colour Me Bad

28. Crash Test Dummies

29. Skinny Puppy

30. Richard Marx

31. Arrested Development

32. The Hooters

33. Japan

34. Live

35. Paul Oakenfold

36. 98 Degrees

37. The Doors

38. Nelson

39. Bob Geldof

40. Blind Melon

41. Whitesnake

42. Rick Wakeman

43. Mike and the Mechanics

44. Manowar

45. Gipsy Kings

46. The Spin Doctors

47. Goo Goo Dolls

48. Master P

49. Toad the Wet Sprocket

50. Iron Butterfly

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. I have no interest in any of those artists, with the small exception of Japan, who I heard some good stuff by years ago, and Arrested Development wasn't all bad.

And count me as someone not the least bit interested in Primus or Les Claypool. Big hairy deal!

I would never put the Doors on the bottom of anything. I just thought it was an obvious mistake by the editors. I mean, c'mon, they ruled La in the late 60's and have influenced so many.

But...

Jim Morrison is a false prophet. He is full of shit IMO but I still find him interesting and a great singer for a while. Also a great showman. Ray and John were the band though.

quote:

Originally posted by tonyrage:

and Blinf Melon? I could kill someone for saying something so rude. They were one of the best bands of the early 90's.

Couldn't agree with you more tony......

That list is pretty much a joke. I am going to go STEAL a bunch of copies of blender mag.

bah

quote:

Originally posted by keysman:

THIS MAGAZINE IS LIKE SPILLING ALEXANDERS KIETHS ON THEE GROUND BLOODY IDIOTS
!!!
UUUU LOOK ITS THE SPILLY MAGAZINE!
!!!

No, cause Keith's IPA was designed for the long haul from Britain to India and as such, you can pretty much do what you want to it. It's got so many preservatives it would always taste about the same.

I agree with the list. The only 2 that don't really belong are Tin Machine (they ROCKED) and Blind Melon.

All the rest really suck ass.... (incl. The Doors)

Remember The Hooters??! (Last Of The Red Hot Fools) hahaha

Who's Benzino??

And isn't Colour Me Bad spelled: Colour Me Badd ?

I also completely agree with this list, with the exception of Japan and Arrested Development (who were fairly interesting) and Jamiroquai (who, while not amazing, don't really fit into the "Worst Ever" category).

The Doors were boring. Now, The Doors 21st Century (or whatever the hell they're calling themselves) are even more boring.

Why aren't the Eagles on this list? They suck pretty hard.

quote:

Originally posted by Stoned Phillips:

P.S.S. Even seeing the name "Richard Marx" gives me chills...I'm not sure if it is his "music" or his mullet that scares me more....

Korea is a weird place. Richard Marx is still very famous here, due to his cheese-out "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You". Koreans have a thing for ballads - it's extremely common to see stylish young guys going by in sports cars with tender ballads blasting out of their powerful stereos. And the guys are heartily singing along... [Eek!][Eek!]

I once suggested to a Korean guy that Richard Marx was awful, and I thought he was going to cry. Or punch me. Or both...

quote:

Originally posted by keysman:

THE DOORS DUDE!
!!!
THE DOORS
!!!

WHAT ABOUT THE F#$%KING DOORS?

F&CK THE MAG!
!!!
!

THIS MAGAZINE IS LIKE SPILLING ALEXANDERS KIETHS ON THEE GROUND BLOODY IDIOTS
!!!
UUUU LOOK ITS THE SPILLY MAGAZINE!
!!!

On the left hand side of your keyboard, you'll see a key marked "Caps Lock". It's located just above the "Shift" key. Try pressing it. Or, just take your finger off the "Shift" key while you're typing. [Roll Eyes]

My wife pointed this article out to me ... we both immediately agreed that the editors of Blender could kiss my pasty white ass. I've long hated "Worst Ever" lists as pointless, it usually ends up pissing on a lot of things that somebody likes, and if people like it ... more power to them. Also, their brief little blurb slagging Tin Machine perpetuates the music press myth that "well, absolutely nobody liked them". My old band had a Tin Machine cover in their repertoire, and everytime we played it, new people in the audience would tell us after the gig how much they appreciated us doing a Tin Machine song ... screw you, Music Press!

Incidentally, I actually have a certain amount of sympathy for Rick Astley ... he had a good voice, just his look and sound and material were utterly dictated by the Stock/Aitken/Waterman production machine, who gave him these crappy pop hits and made him look like a dork. After he got out from their influence and made the music he wanted to make, it was actually pretty good ... only he had no credibility, so nobody was listening.

Oh and "The Last Of The Red Hot Fools" was by the Jitters ... the Hooters did "And We Danced".

RnB

Likes ELP, damnit

quote:

Oh and "The Last Of The Red Hot Fools" was by the Jitters ... the Hooters did "And We Danced".

riiiiiiiiiiiight. The Jitters. my bad.

"Must've been foolish playin' it dumb, shoulda played it smart. Used my head but not my heart. (I) Must've been crazy playin it hot, shoulda played it cool, now I'm just the last of the red hot fools."

hahaa

Dude, they have to take Bob Geldof off that list. Anyone with midgets in lederhosen in their video (Great song of Indifference) is in my top 10 list. Plus, he played Pink floyd for Christ's sake. Who the fuck are these Blender people anyways.

and Blinf Melon? I could kill someone for saying something so rude. They were one of the best bands of the early 90's.

Where is Milli Vanilli? Do they not count as a band?

And skinnipuppy? These people are nuts. Skinnipuppy is pure memories.

Seeing Skinny Puppy on that list makes me want to polish up my 14 holes and kick some f@#$ing ass!!!![Wink]

This mag sucks...the list is a joke. Although Latoya Jackson should remain on the list...The Doors? ummmm I think the dude who did this list was just out to shock and maybe cause some controversy. He threw in a few really sucky acts with a lot of decent ones to get the attention he wanted. My .02.

Archived