Jambands.ca

iso: MMW toronto june 27 ticket

kookycanooky

If it rains, the band stays dry and you get wet either way...

Whether you want to get wet with an extra $50 in your pocket or not, is up to you...

Edit to add: Just my 2 Cents. Leaving me with $49.98.

Dollar, dollar bill, ya'll....

p.s. this is based on a lot of assumptions, the main one being that this is the venue I'm thinking of and that it's outside....

Edited by Guest

Two years ago I did the free outside thing, and they were ripping it up so hard I was kicking myself for not shelling out a few bucks to see my favourite live band up close. I'm in the tent this year!!!

But the free option still kicks ass...

oh man, have a great time! MMW is a funny band for me - I do listen to them but not very often. But boy have they ever put on a stellar performance in front of my very eyes and ears before! So good. And Scofield I've seen several times - dude is insane. This can't fail.

Having said that, don't necessarily expect groove-jazz-jam all night; these guys can get up to some high-brow, avant-garde good shit!

Yeah it was a great show.

You really can't go wrong with these boys. I thought they mixed it up quite a bit, heading off in a couple of different directions (as MarcO had alluded to above)...

It seemed to go by awfully fast for some reason, even though they played for about 1h 45min. I think it had to do with the 8:00pm SHARP start time... not quite used to that (although definitely no complaints)...

The rain held off, but I'm glad it cooled down a bit as the first half of the show was pretty toasty under the tent. Todd and I managed to get some stellar seats with a great angle of the band (and outside of the hot, smelly standing room only central portion of the tent)

I must say NPS is a great place to take in a show. The sound guys did a great job, I'm sure not an easy job with a band like MMS&W.

It was my first time getting to see them all play together. It certainly lived up to my expectations... exceptional musicians!

bumped into Weirdness with his gear too...

well then! certainly can't beat open-air Scofield/MMW... free of charge, aside from parking and hydrations... love the open tent, is a great setup

perfect weather, enthused/diggin it crowd, sweet slick stylin' grooves with Sco and Medeski taking turns tearing into it... cold beer for sale even out in the cheap seats this year was a bonus

annnddd... extra bonus shaking hands and tradin smiles with the band afterwards at the autograph table

shweet!