Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Yonder Mountain String Band in Montreal on Tuesday (7/31)

Hartamophone

mardi 31 juillet (Greenland & GEG Presentent)

YONDER MOUNTAIN STRING BAND

+ NOTRE DAME DE GRASS

CABARET DU MUSÉE JUSTE POUR RIRE

2111 SAINT-LAURENT

20.00$ + f.s. à l'avance et à la porte

Billets en vente à la billetterie du CABARET,

et sur le réseau ADMISSION.

Thr Aug 02: No Dep Bluegrass Folkers

‘YONDER MOUNTAIN STRING BAND’ @11:00 w/ Guests @9:45. $20.00 Adv @Tm-Rt-Ss. Door TBA.

There's a topic on the Toronto show on the YMSB message board, and one of the members said

ok i talked to Ben atrlm. he told me the yoys are to come on at 10:00 with no opener. this is different then what the venue website says. we need answers!!! personally, i hope Ben is right.

I plan on getting there for 9pm.

Aloha,

Brad

Again... You guys are so lucky! If I was out there I'd make every effort to see both shows. These guys have serious Blue Grass picking skills (amongst the best), but on top of that they're fun, psycedelic, rowdy, funny and fun. They're one of my favourite bands these days and you guys are getting the opertunity to see them in way smaller venues than they ever play anymore.

Here's a link to the last show I saw with Darol Anger sitting in for the whole show.

http://www.archive.org/details/ymsb2007-04-14.soundboard.flac16

Hot DAMN what a show.

Super intimate venue with a small but supportive crowd. Having the band play the last few tunes of the night unplugged was a real treat, and you could tell that they were really diggin' their first trip to the Great White North. I'll try and get a full review up today, but suffice it to say that if you're at all on the fence about Toronto, you'd be crazy not to hit these guys while they're around.