Jambands.ca

Van Halen Tour Announced

Swan

So its finaly offical. The boys are back with David Lee Roth in tow. I don't know how it will sound but I've always wanted to see a Diamond Dave performance.

The Toronto date is scheduled for October 7th at the ACC. Only 25 dates have been announced so far. Tickets go on sale this Saturday thru livenation.com

Edited by Guest

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I BROUGHT MYYYYYY PEEEEEEEEENNNNNCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLL....."

Give me something to write on........... man.

I've always liked Diamnod Dave, but let's face it Hagger was the man. He was a musician, Roth is a clown er I mean entertainer.

as much as it might be fun for a nostalgia trip, I'm not sure I'd invest. I actually liked van halen a lot when I was in my early teens learning to play guitar. Caught Van Hagar about 15 years ago, which already felt a bit like a nostalgia trip, but was still a lot of fun. Maybe I'll keep the good memories of that instead.

More like why the Halen bros didn't want to include him. I'd be surprised if this tour doesn't fall apart again before it starts ... or at least by the second week in.

As much as I want to go, i'm not getting a ticket ahead of time from Tbastard and then having to deal with a refund (minus conveniences) because Eddie or Alex have a hissy fit.

I too was a Van Halen fan back in the day. I remember sometime around the 5150 period that I actually had every album on vinyl. Wish I still did.

I'm a little curious to what the new band will sound like. I read somewhere that young Wolfgang has certainly inherited the Van Halen gene and can certainly rip it up on the bass. Sure I'd rather see the original lineup but this new one might be pretty cool.

if it was Hagar i might have maybe perhaps tentatively thought about considering seeing them.

No Hagar and no Anthony makes Homer something something...

NOT go crazy?

Don't mind if i don't.

I never like Hagar or his voice. It always sounded strained and he did not have the bravado or showmanship of Diamond Dave.

For me I am the other way around I would not consider seeing Halen without David Lee Roth.

The longer Sammy recorded with the band, the more the music became generic or predictable. Sammy had the least imput into 5150 and it's the best Van Hagar album. It trickles down a slope from there regarding Hagar's collaboration; e.g., OU812 is second best and so on. David Lee is a fucking jackass bluegrass hack, but one hell of a frontman. One of the greats in modern rock history. Unfortuately, he's done his best to tarnish his own legacy with repeated bad career moves and own self loathing.

The longer Sammy recorded with the band, the more the music became generic or predictable. Sammy had the least imput into 5150 and it's the best Van Hagar album. It trickles down a slope from there regarding Hagar's collaboration; e.g., OU812 is second best and so on. David Lee is a fucking jackass bluegrass hack, but one hell of a frontman. One of the greats in modern rock history. Unfortuately, he's done his best to tarnish his own legacy with repeated bad career moves and own self loathing.

I agree with you that the more Hagar sang with VH the more generic they became..

I do however think David Lee Roth has two bitchin' solo albums that are full of humour, great covers and some killer playing by Steve Via and others...

Crazy from the Heat...

19A2CA48C311BF6FE0400B0A0E0D33D9.jpg

and...

Eat 'em and smile...

dvdroth.jpg

I also think David Lee Roth has a better voice than Hagar....at least in his prime.

From what I heard/read on the net (which is by no means 100% solid). It was Michael Anthony that turned down the tour idea before it even started. I understood it that he did not want to tour.

Ultimately I think they should all just let by gones be by gones and tour as a full unit.

Well, that may be the case for this tour, although doubtful in my opinion. But when interviewed in february 2006 about the 2004 reunion, Michael had this to say about it:

Published in Japan, Burrn! magazine

"I was not going to just sit home and do nothing and that kind of upset the VAN HALEN brothers for whatever reason I can't understand myself. But basically when this whole reunion thing started Ed really didn't want me to be part of it. I don't know how he was going to call it a reunion (laughs) but I basically had to work out a deal with Irving Azoff's management company in order to be part of this thing. I kind of sucked it up a bit and I made less money but the way I looked at it was, if this possibly was the last tour that VAN HALEN would ever do then I'd be kicking myself because I wasn't a part of it and I want to be a part of it, even more so than the money so I sucked it all up and came on and did it. I did it for the fans."

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=49721