Jambands.ca

Diesel Dog Electric Barn Jam !! - Sat. Sept 29 (Chatham)

backbacon

Just a couple more days!

I emailed some people with directions.. the E's (east) should have been W's (west)

Here they are again, correctly. I also added L's and R's:

Directions:

3rd Line - Chatham, ON

(between Dillon and Drake.. north of Hwy #2 btwn Chatham and Tilbury)

N (L) Bloomfield Rd. Exit (~3km)

W (L) Queens Line (Hwy #2) (~3.5km)

N ® Dillion Rd.

(over tracks, before next set of tracks)

W (L) 3rd Line

look for parking on N ® side of road - 2.5 km up

Taylor's place is on the right, before the tracks.

There is a set of rr tracks just past Taylor's Be careful! STOP AT TRACKS!! There are no wig wags or anything and the tracks are relatively busy, hosting both CN and VIA Rail. These tracks shouldn't come into play if you follow the directions and there is ample parking before Taylor's place.

Here's a lovely photo I took when I was out at Taylor's on the weekend:

1445882970_3269bafc0b.jpg

What a night! Thanks Diesel Dog and all the partiers who showed up! The 100 or so people who made it out were all super folk. It was awesome. Sorry for the bunk directions that had Diesel Doug and Danin' Man driving half way to London!

Great pics, Birdy! Thanks for sharing and big thanks for your help with the party. Those photos were obviously taken BEFORE my speed wobble face plant into the gravel incident. If that wasn't the low point in my night then the second time I did it definitely was! :D I wasn't even showing off or anything.. just walking along, trying to behave. I took some photos too and will put them up tonight.

There were lots of highlights! Tigger and Becky, what a great surprise to hear that you were coming and even greater not surprise when you showed up!

Looking forward to doing it again! Next time we'll have to actually try it inside the barn!

i think i was the only one to witness the second one coming down the hill ker. tough one.

Highlights:

Another Diesel night under the stars

The morning full contact chair on the table ping pong match

Daredevil tricks with barrels and 2x4's

Livingstoned taking that maniac header while trying to jump the 2x4's and barrels (i laughed for about an hour after that)

Ricky Neu and Canadian Club from the bottle

Nik fighting his Anchorman look alike brother with sticks across the face (crazy)

Seeing all them lovely Chatham folks i don't see nearly enough :)

ya that was super good time. there was some real good sound coming from the stage . its great to see diesel play outdoors .

saaaweet pics birdy, i'll get mine on here shortly too.

i kind of snuck off about 4am. it was time. eek

it was a real cool venue though and it was nice seeing some everyone out..

right one k.. another good time, your shows just seem to get better and better.

Livingstoned taking that maniac header while trying to jump the 2x4's and barrels (i laughed for about an hour after that)

I'm hurting just laughing reading this - I can't really walk, sit or stand without severe pain in my knee and tailbone!

all things considered though it was an excellent night - thank you to Keri, Taylor, DD and everyone else involved EXCEPT of course those of you who suggested I try to jump the 2x4 on the barrels :) kidding I have only myself to blame for my "maniac header"

there was also an incident of being swung around in the barn by keri where I believe I took flight and we both hit the ground at a high speed - thank you for breaking that fall Keri!!

and the ping pong - too fun.

good times indeed....

and nice pics Birdy - thanks for humouring me each time I tried to intercept your shot and would strike a pose :) :) :)

Nik fighting his Anchorman look alike brother with sticks across the face (crazy)

I'm surprised this wasn't the other way around. I've seen his bro do some crazy stuff and heard of even crazier!

and nice pics Birdy - thanks for humouring me each time I tried to intercept your shot and would strike a pose :) :) :)

haha! you're welcome lady! i think i could easy set up a whole portfolio of just you and your rye. :) Good times!

Ya, that was a real fun time!! Nice to see all the smiling happy faces and DD outside - SAAAWWWWEEEEETTTT!!! Thanks Backbacon and Taylor!

Livingstoned's high jump attempt was a definite highlight along with laying on the ground for a couple of minutes after shaking her head saying, "It's not good" over and over.

The Novosad Bros going at it was wild. I saw each one bust a piece of wood over the other's head during the night. As well as a cigarette being butted out on an arm - oh and so much more!! Made me happy to have 3 sisters growing up.

Backbacon's face plant was special!

Diesel Ryan's quick keys lesson - I can still remember a bit of it - not that I'll ever be able make my hands move like that but if I could I'd know what to do a bit better now - thank you.

Reviewing the show with Floyd in the barn the next morning was nice.

And a whole bunch more stuff I really enjoyed that I can't remember right now - that was good.

Next day on the couch at Bacon's with TC and Bacon was nice.

Becky and Tiggs - CanAm connection - YES! Great seeing youz.

Most of Schwa's highlights. STu, Birdy, C-towns, Chewie, Dancin' Man, Kevin, Gabels, Flip & Flop, Brandi, Vandys, polecat - good to see all of youz guyz too!

Edited by Guest