Jambands.ca

QOTD...Gift Ideas?

c-towns

What are some of the best gifts you've given or received that have lasted or will last for years to come?

Last Christmas I purchased a digital photo frame for my parents packed full of pictures of my daughter, the gift that will keep giving with the ability to fill multiple memory cards or refill the existing card.

I have two awesome gift ideas this year.

1.For my step-dad who has chronic back pain I'm getting him a gift certificate for an hour long massage with an RMT that is a block away from his house. Not only is it a cool present but it's one that he doesn't have to put in any effort to enjoy and it supports the economy of the little town that he lives in, which is an ideal he espouses.

2. For my three year-old neice who is a total girly girl I saved all my subway swipe cards from living in toronto and I have a model cell phone from when I worked at a cell phone store. I'm going to put these things in a cute little purse so my neice can be just like her mommy with credit cards and a cell phone.

And what would I like most for christmas (besides a nice, well-endowed guy) a bottle of rye and a carton of smokes! I'm glad Grandma got my name in the gift exchange, this makes it highly probable that I will get what I'm after. (the rye and smokes, not the well-endowed guy....although, grandma does know a lot of people...)

I like the idea of a 'buy nothing' christmas. Make some cookies/muffins (U could even make the 'specail vareity' if U want.. heh heh)

Give some IOU cards to your mom or something

Offer a back massage to your friends/family

Knit someone a hat/mittens

Make Doggie Treats for the pets in your life

Make a photo scrapbook of your family

Make your own wine/beer...

lol that's just a few fer now!

speaking of handmade gifts, im building a buddy a guitar pedal, loaded, custum to what he wants.

not quite as practical as a nice knit scarf (or as warm as) but still hand made

it actually feels like christmas more this year, im guessing since its colder, and snowier like christmases used to be