Jambands.ca

DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS HIT TORONTO!!!!

NewRider

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You driving back home after the show Kev?

LOL ... nope, not this time :( I'm trying to figure out how the hell i will get home. Last train outta Union is at 12:43. i don't know if i'll be able to stumble over there in time (or miss part of the gig). Waiting to hear back from a buddy of mine who will drive though, so I can probably help you out again :) :) :)

Truckers won't hit the stage until 10:30 - 11:00pm and it will probably be a full 2 hours of ROCK.

Just got back from an all beer luncheon with Alabama Esau and I'm ready to rock! This will be one spectacular evening.

As for tickets. I have no "in's" nor make no promises but I believe there will be tickets at the doors for those who show up early. I've got family showing without tickets so I have faith. GET DOWN TO THE ROCK SHOW!!!!

Amazing show, my head hurts, I think I'm getting divorced! FUCK what a show!

Is this because I was hanging out on the tour bus with the Truckers and you weren't? ;) heheh

But yes, this was an amazing show. My first Truckers show and definitely not my last. Highlight of my night was obviously having a beer with the band on the tour bus.

Great show, great people. Nice meeting Kanada Kev and boiler rat and running into everyone else that was out.

Thanks NewRider for hyping it up so much. I was not disappointed. :)

Fantastic show.

The Truckers are one of the few current live bands that can sway between delicate,storytelling alt-country to balls out rawk to southern psychobilly twang and retain a distinctive voice throughout.

New Rider hates the song but Crystal Meth live was amazing sonicscaping...lush,wild,beautiful and raw.

The Whigs were alright.Clever,well done,with commitment...but struck me as formulaic.

Like fucking someone who thinks extreme energy makes up for missionary position all the time.

Nice to meet you Kevin and Chris!!

I was wiped out yesterday at work. Damn, wish I could have had the day off! Stayed late at work and then grabbed a streetcar over to the Opera House. Got there and they were letting people in already. I asked about getting an extra ticket for a friend and they don't sell them at the door, just cover and you're in (no going out again). So f that. I had an extra for my buddy who would arrive just before showtime :)

Went to Jimmy's Place and proceeded to run into NewRider, Nellie, Amber, Allison and Cat. Warm welcome from some great people. Jimmy's really does have $10 pitchers!!!! Got to jugs of Buzz:

7553_l.jpg

I'm going back for some more Buzz before the next Opera House show I attend :)

Made my way into the show just in time for the Truckers. The bunch of us made our way right to the front in a nice spot in front of Cooly ... good call!

This band is fantastic. I am appreciating them more and more with each listen. They really do grow on ya. In a day now where we rarely get any liner notes or lyrics, I chose to start reading some off of their web site. WOW. The lyrics (while often hard to discern in the live setting) are brilliant.

My ride had to go a little bit early so I missed the last couple of tunes :( Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone, and didn't get the chance to talk some more to ya. Next time for sure.

Thanks again NewRider, your marketing and PR for this band 'round these parts got me hooked on a good thing. I owe ya!

After that show you know that the DBT will be back in these parts again soon.

My favorite DBT lyric: "Bob goes to church every Sunday, every Sunday that the fish aren't biting."

There's pretty much nothing more religious or as close to "God" as a nice trout hitting your line and taking off. I just ordered myself a 12 1/2 foot noodle rod to go after Salmon and Steelies in the rivers of Bruce County.