Jambands.ca

CAA

headymamamyrna

Anyone else here have CAA and what do you think of it?

I have been a member for years and have only used it a few times but it was so worth it.

its like an insurance to me.i may not use it for years but it's there when I need it.

A couple of years ago I had a flat tire.They were there in no time and put the spare on and i was on my way to have the tire repaired.

I do have an older car so you never know when you need a tow or a boost.

So it works for me and not that expensive.

Crappy Tire's roadside assistance has worked for me for the past few years. It's attached to the vehicle, not the driver (not good for some people).

Remember, it's "roadside" assistance. I learned this with CAA. DO NOT call them if you are on private property. Simply push your car onto the road and call.

I've always wondered, if you got hammered, you could call roadside assistance and tell them to tow your car home (just disconnect the batt or something) and get a free lift!!! .

SAME AS ME WITH A CELL PHONE IN THE CAR, IT IS THERE IF NEEDED,PEACE OF MIND I SAY WHEN YOU ARE ALONE I COULD' NT GO ANY PLACE WITHOUT MY CELL PHONE

I HAVE PAY AS YOU GO FOR 10.50 A MONTH, PLUS 30 MINUTES A MONTH YOU DON,T PAY FOR AFTER THAT IT IS ONLY 12 CENTS ,WELL WORTH IT TO ME ,GUESS THE SAME FOR YOU WITH CAA

I DONT GET FREE MAPS THOUGH OH WELL I HAVE AN IDEA WHERE I GO AS THERE IS ALWAYS A ROAD TO TURN LEFT OR RIGHT THATS HOW I DRIVE, I,D HAVE FUN DRIVING TO ONTARIO I WOULD SAY OR ARRESTED

CHEERS

ive had caa for years as well. used to use it for maps and stuff a lot more in the past. many a dead or phish tour started out with a trip to caa. mapquest has replaced triptiks for me. still have it, tho', you know, just in case. i also appreciate their lobbying efforts to make roads safer for all of us. they've been calling for a ban on cellphones while driving for years now.

CAA members also get discounts at hotels and things, and I think they can also take advantage of discounts given to AAA (the US equivalent of the CAA) members. (I recall Velvet saying that he joined the CAA before a cross-US driving trip, and the hotel discounts alone more than paid for the membership.)

Aloha,

Brad

Anyone else here have CAA and what do you think of it?

I have been a member for years and have only used it a few times but it was so worth it.

its like an insurance to me.i may not use it for years but it's there when I need it.

A couple of years ago I had a flat tire.They were there in no time and put the spare on and i was on my way to have the tire repaired.

I do have an older car so you never know when you need a tow or a boost.

So it works for me and not that expensive.

Used it yesterday when I locked my keys in the car. They had then out in 25 min.

I also get lower car rental and hotel rates as a member. Worth every penny.

yeah mapquest is good.. but I find a lot of the times they throw in a wrong turn or confuse a street with an avenue.. and get someone to toronto in Three hours instead of an hour and a half... check out their disclaimer...

These directions are informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to their content, road conditions or route usability or expeditiousness. User assumes all risk of use. MapQuest and its suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.

I also find that Mapquest is not always that great. The street I lived on in Waterford doesn't exist according to them. I have done a lot of acid in my past, so they might be right.

Oh yeah, CAA rocks. Especially when a man in coveralls is always just a phone call away.......GRHLGRHLGRLGH, coveralls........

CAA rocks! Broke down up on the Coquihalla Highway this summer and they were there within 45 min...which is great considering the location. Also broke down on the Stanley Park causeway in Van during Friday rush hour and they were there within minutes....if you have an older car in the household it is great and easily worth it!

holy shit do i have a CAA story.

Yesterday my friend lost my only car key. We looked everywhere, couldn't find it. Today we called CAA, they had a locksmith call me, give me directions on how to get my car's key code, made a key and dropped it off to me where i was, at no charge (CAA covered costs up to $100). And it was the friend who lost the key that had the CAA membership, not me. Guess what I'm getting myself for christmas!

And it was the friend who lost the key that had the CAA membership, not me.

I remember Velvet telling me that as long as someone in the car (even a passenger, not necessarily the driver) is a CAA member, you can use their roadside assistance.

(And from a marketing point of view, what happened to you is brilliant move on CAA's part: even if your situation didn't qualify [i.e., if CAA wasn't obligated to help you because you're not a member, even though your friend is], it's equivalent to your friend losing the keys to his/her car, in terms of what it cost them, and it earns them mucho karma and word-of-mouth-advertising credits, not to mention another membership, as your post demonstrates. ;) )

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

as someone in the car (even a passenger, not necessarily the driver) is a CAA member, you can use their roadside assistance.

I believe that is only if that person has the CAA Plus membership, which costs a little more per year than the regular membership.