Jambands.ca

Dexter

bouche

Season one and two are on rogers movie network on demand right now. Great show' date=' it's crazy when you realize that you are rooting for a serial killer.[/quote']

But does it make the killer as endearing as Hannibal Lechter? I frickin' love Silence of the Lambs.

Dexter is an anti-hero whereas Hannibal is not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just finished Season One.

Solid storyline idea but this is a poorly executed show. Combine the atrocious acting with the thoughtless casting and you have a recipe for a disaster. Sprinkle a dash of episodes attempting to be campy and light inside of very dark themes and we are now talking about the most over-rated series since Lost but at least it was entertaining enough for me to watch the entire first season. The premise is a great one but the promise is never delivered and I wish that the main storyline for this season had of carried for a few seasons and really built to a worthy climax, but I understand somewhat how tv shows work. Money is money.

I also have a problem with the consistency, mainly Dexter's character. We are supposed to believe that he is devoid of emotion and was taught by his father how to 'fake' it yet there are far too many times his character reacts to situations as someone who actually has emotion and this is obviously not from what he learned. The director should have got more out of him so that he actually appears to have to think somewhat before he reacts. It happens but not often enough. I think it is a major issue within the show and one that drives me insane. There are times he is that character and then there are times he isnt at all. Its poorly executed and Dexter isnt the kind of character that he could be. I usually take things with a grain of salt when it comes to character development but I found very little believability in Dexter himself, including the fact that he is supposed to be a killer. I dont buy it. Not too mention his facking lips. What is with that pinkish-blue color? Does he have poor blood flow or something? Yuck.

That being said, I will give Season 2 a go but the time I am spending on this show is hanging by a thin line.

The show has its flaws, but they don't overshadow its greatness.

I dont agree. The flaws in season one are far too great.

I agree with Booche regarding some of the acting, but not with his critique of Dexter. The struggle Dexter has with emotions is what I find the most intriguing within the show's various plot. I won't be an appologist for Season I, which I liked a lot, but II is more rewarding both in acting, storyline and Dexter's inner struggles with a demon he either can live with, or one he can only control.

Of course you have to stretch you belief in Dexter, as you do in every series on TV. Prison Break is outrageous, Denis Leary's Tommy Gavin is a lousy hockey player, Lost..., Pullo in Rome is a "likable" assassin etc...

I do find Michael C. Hall's performace great and he deserves the nominations he's gotten this year.

Not once do I knock his casting or his acting and I can "stretch' with the best of them but I found little believability in that character when it came to him struggling with his emotions.

Look at him as a teenager with raging hormones. They do that to paint the picture on who Dexter becomes but they do it poorly because as a kid he is completely unemotional. All of a sudden he starts caring? Come on. He's supposed to be a serial killer with no emotions or at least that is what they are trying to make us believe.

I LOVE this show... but I'm always so damn TENSE while watching it!! It's very uncomfortable - but enjoyable.

The title sequence actually kinda grosses me out. And, thanks! Now after reading this post I absolutely cannot get past Angel's lisp. Midway through season 2 and reaaaly digging it. Makes me want to go back and rewatch 6 Feet Under... I think I'd appreciate David all the more.

Solid review idea but this is a poorly executec commentary.

Combine the atrocious acting with the thoughtless casting and you have a recipe for a disaster.

Ugh...this is a highly popular show and everyone I know that has any sense could not stop talking nor looking forward to season 2 episodes

I also have a problem with the consistency, mainly Dexter's character. We are supposed to believe that he is devoid of emotion and was taught by his father how to 'fake' it yet there are far too many times his character reacts to situations as someone who actually has emotion and this is obviously not from what he learned.
The struggle Dexter has with emotions is what I find the most intriguing within the show's various plot. I won't be an appologist for Season I, which I liked a lot, but II is more rewarding both in acting, storyline and Dexter's inner struggles with a demon he either can live with, or one he can only control.

Watch season 2 before you write a commentary that contradicts everyone that watched season 2. I debated even starting season 2, but all in all, it was good enough to jump in when the season started and it became a brand new show. You end up having favourite characters and great dokes lines to quote.

Watch season 2 before you write a commentary that contradicts everyone that watched season 2.

At no point did I give any indication that I was talking about anything other than Season 1. And if you and every one you know has a problem with my opinion you can all shove it up your asses because I dont give a fuck you big babies.

The acting is atrocious from a couple of characters and that begins with Dexters poorly cast sister.

And the winner for Worst Actress In A TV Series goes to:

dexter_feature03.jpg

Watch season 2 before you write a commentary that contradicts everyone that watched season 2.

At no point did I give any indication that I was talking about anything other than Season 1. And if you and every one you know has a problem with my opinion you can all shove it up your asses because I dont give a fuck you big babies.

The acting is atrocious from a couple of characters and that begins with Dexters poorly cast sister.

And the winner for Worst Actress In A TV Series goes to:

dexter_feature03.jpg

I'd still 'do' her though

The title sequence actually kinda grosses me out.

I cringe everytime I watch that title sequence too. It's brilliantly put together. The visual analogies and accompanied sound effects are great. I hope they come up with a new one though. There even is so much more they could do with food.

I love the hot sauce splatter near the end. So very dexter.

I'm going to disagree with everyone and say I love the sister!

especially her extremely foul mouth!

I beleive season 3 is playing right now on the movie network.

hey Geoff its funny that we have the same taste in tv shows

long live Jack Bauer!

There is no Season 3 yet.