Jambands.ca

Least Favourite Dead Song(s)?

Patchoulia

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some tunes translated well to tape, but were weak live, and vise versa.

The thing with the GD is there was always somebody who was happy as a pig in shit when they'd bust out a song at a show. If you weren't a big fan of the song, at least you could feel really happy for the person who now had a cheshire grin on their face at that moment :)

One man gathers what another man spills ...

at this point I can't say as though I dislike them but I am finally sick to the teeth of a lot of Bobby's 1st set cover picks. The early set blues tunes and the cowboy medleys......... just heard them too many times. Sorry Hux, not trying to pick, I actually do love Weir, I just find myself skipping those tunes more often than ever.

It;s also just my lot in life that every single show I own seems to have "Cassidy" on it, which grates after a while although it is a fine fine tune.

I always thought that "Never Trust A Woman" was just about the least-original song - both musically and lyrically - in the whole catalogue.

As for the cowboy songs, I love the versions from the '70s, but once they started showing up as medleys in the '80s I lose a lot of interest. "Corinna" and "Easy Answers" are perfectly fine.