Jambands.ca

Paul McCartney's son

bouche

Sir Paul McCartney's son James played the electric guitar solo on the Paul track "Heaven on a Sunday" from the 1997 masterpiece 'Flaming Pie.'

I remember reading in a recent billboard interview that Paul said he was again going to work with James for his next effort.

Peace,

Tim

Edited by Guest

I remember reading in a recent billboard interview that Paul said he was again going to work with James for his next effort.

Undoubtedly' date=' it will also be a "masterpiece" ... who the hell wrote those inflated blurbs? [/quote']

Inflated blurbs? When was the last time you listened to 'Flaming Pie?'

Tim

Inflated blurbs? When was the last time you listened to 'Flaming Pie?'

Hey Tim I was just joking that your orginal line sounded like it was written by a PR guy hyping the album.

I probably last listened to it sometime last fall. Is it a "masterpiece"? Debatable. It's an incredible album, no doubt, but among his recent albums, I think Driving Rain is better. I look at McCartney's Flaming Pie and Driving Rain as being similar to Dylan's Time Out of Mind (which took the Grammy over Flaming Pie) and Love and Theft. Both pairs of albums marked a re-emergence of each artist as legendary stars (not that there should have been any doubt) and re-introduced each to waves of fans who'd only heard them on their parents' turntables.

But maybe Im just an old fuck who likes Wings at the Speed of Sound, Venus and Mars, and Band on the Run a bit better than most of his newer stuff. :) Bottom line though, with the exception of McCartney falling into the musical abiss of the mid-1980s that also swallowed superstars like Elton John and David Bowie, most of his work is among the best music ever made.