Jambands.ca

Any music writers out here - New WIDESPREAD PANIC album available 4 review

Palms

This is something I never expected to happen, but as of yesterday I am helping out WIDESPREAD PANIC in Canada with publicity.

I have been doing music promotions for 10+ years now and usually work with indie rock and metal, including bands as varied as Frank Black, Meshuggah and Sufjan Stevens, but this is my first time doing a Jam Band. So, if you write for a magazine/newspaper/website and/or do a radio show at a station in Canada and are interested, please drop me a line at sean at sonic unyon dot com and I will see what I can do as far as getting you a review copy of the new, upcoming album.

I dunno. That would be nice though - I saw them once at the Opera House in Toronto in 1997 and had tickets for another Toronto show a few years later but they cancelled it...

actually the cancelled show was in Nov. 1998, just a year after the Opera House show. that was a nice run - Club Soda - Opera House, and tix were like $10 taboot.

The venues are just too small for them to lug all of their crap up here.

This is something I never expected to happen, but as of yesterday I am helping out WIDESPREAD PANIC in Canada with publicity.

I have been doing music promotions for 10+ years now and usually work with indie rock and metal, including bands as varied as Frank Black, Meshuggah and Sufjan Stevens, but this is my first time doing a Jam Band. So, if you write for a magazine/newspaper/website and/or do a radio show at a station in Canada and are interested, please drop me a line at sean at sonic unyon dot com and I will see what I can do as far as getting you a review copy of the new, upcoming album.

If you want to promo the disc I can ask Jaimoe to take it on to publish here. Also, I can setup a cd giveaway and banner. Email me for details on that.

boucheATjambands.ca

I first heard of Widespread Panic while touring through the states in the summer of '99 in a VW bus - while I was paying for gas - this shakey looking biker dood was chatting up my girlfriend and gave her some Widespread patches - I was kinda nervous of him - but he invited us to go to a famous gravesite of notorious Bank and Train robber William Bailey - who was the bikers' great great grandfather.

The venues are just too small for them to lug all of their crap up here.

I remember talking to Schools on the train thingy in Hartsfield International back in 99 before the NYE shows. He also at that time alluded to the fact that they werent the biggest fans of the border crossing.

Admittedly' date=' I'm not really a big fan of the band, [/quote']

Good should be unpartial than. What's the point of only reviewing bands you like? Nobody'd believe you.

I don't write reviews of bands I only like. Mike (bouche) sends me all kinds of CD's for review purposes, and I didn't like some of them as recent as The Malah. Also check out my mostly negative review of Ottawa bluesman JW Jones. And for fuck's sake, I gave my very own cousin David Waddell's CD "Microphone Envy" a middling review, and I'm his biggest fan.

I really disliked Bill Frisell's latest album, but I've never been exposed to his music much in my lifetime, so I really couldn't get a handle on what he tries to accomplish musically. Howerver, I found his album mind-numbingly boring.

I review many of the albums I buy and when I deem one to be worthy of a review, I'll write it, hence my recent reviews of Rough Skeletons and The White Stripes.

I now want that Widespread Panic album more than ever.

I now want that Widespread Panic album more than ever.

...and now I want to read your review more than ever. :)

I'm actually surprised there's so many WSP haters out there. They're a really good band (as good as any "Jam" band out there.) I do find their drummer a little boring, but the percussionist is amazing.