Jambands.ca

Yoghurt-on-a-disc!!

backbacon

"...hear that music in a completely fresh, possibly spine-chilling way."

I would hardly call that 'wrecking' a disc!!

Besides:

"Jones says that he has yet to damage any of his discs or players with his pioneering work..."

But yeah, I'll try it out this afternoon... now who's cd player can I do it in?

I want to hear this but i'm not willing to futz my stuff up....but it seems kinda strange tech-wise.

All consumer CD players have error-correction built in so if there are minor scratches or blemishes it can just interpolate the lost data according to what was before or after it. Since we are talking about basically futzing up the entire surface, the sounds would be dependant more on the level/quality of error correction in the CD player than anything else.

I coated the Tragically Hip:Fully Completely with a healthy dose of low-fat plain yogurt.

I let it dry and then inserted it into my DVD player. The display said "NO DISC".

I may have used too much yogurt.

I'll have to try a little less yogurt on the Michael Jackson Black or White CD that I got for free years ago at Music World.

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

I have a tragically hip disc in front of me that's just itching for a yogurt bath
[Wink]

May I suggest administering sand paper to the rest of your T Hip discs? That's bound to allow you to "...hear that music in a completely fresh, possibly spine-chilling way." Yep, I read somewhere sand paper works great! Just do the whole data surface really hard in a random pattern! [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

I wouldn't waste a perfectly good CDR with Fully Completely.

hehehehe

Evertime I look to do a purging on my cd collection, I always pass by the big whack of space that is taken up by Hip cd's. Now I haven't listened to any of them in at least 6 years, probably longer. But for some reason I can't bring myself to sell them... hmmmmmmm, one day I guess...

Archived