Jambands.ca

Massive fire on Queen St.West!!!!

The Chameleon

So there has been a massive fire on the south side of Queen St. between Bathurst and Augusta.

The following business are either totally destroyed or heavily damaged: Suspect video, Dukes Cycle, National Sounds and more...

The store I work in "Jupiter" is right there and probably damaged too....

Crazy...check these pics....

fire2_20Feb08.jpg

fire4_20Feb08.jpg

feb2008-fire7.jpg

b86500284ccca9277aff19c3c3c9.jpg

Edited by Guest

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also hope nobody was hurt! National Sound is an olllld school building, I always wondered how they stayed in business.

In related news I'm supposed to play at the Horseshoe tonight (Queen and Spadina) with Dan Griffin and Nick Rose - and I just heard that they might not have power down there! I suspect it should be up and running by the evening, there are people that live there and such...but still.

my interpretation of the CityTV newsroom this morning

reporter guy #1 reading the wire out loud: "...massive fire .... Queen St. between Bathurst and Augusta..."

reporter guy #2: Queen St. between Bathurst and Augusta. Queen St. between Bathurst and Augusta. Queen St. between Bathurst and Augusta. that rings a bell

reporter guy #3: didn't you used to buy ice there man?

reporter guy #2: shut up man!

reporter guy #1: hello exclusive!

Jaimoe, from my understanding, Toronto Fire says at this point they have no idea as to the cause of the fire, as the buildings are still too unstable to investigate. Isn't saying that an illegal drug lab has not been ruled out like saying an alien lazer attack has not been ruled out?