Jambands.ca

fawk! when will it ever end?!?!

phishtaper

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

skill definitely trumps equipment. one of my accidents was caused by avoiding an out of control driver sliding into my lane. i was going under the limit, in my lane, and had to drive off the side of the road to avoid a collision. so i hit a curb instead of a moving vehicle. [color:purple]so irresponsible of me

and he had snows on.

it's anecdotal, but blanket statements are just as bad.

too often people drive like idiots because they have 4wd, or snows, or awesome headlights, or wipers, or traction control. when it comes down to it, it's the driver that controls all that.

that stings!

and yes, there are way tooo many idiots out there...I spend 8 hours of my day laughing my ass off watching people come within inches of thier lives and not even blink.

anyhoo...sorry to get defensive, but, the bottom line is, I am too cheap to by another set of tires for my car, when I feel I am doing fine with what I have.

Most people consider themselves better-than-average drivers.

As always, the concern is not with your driving, it's with those other fools. I know you don't need snow tires, and thus making them mandatory would be irrelevant, but if they were mandatory those morons that don't know how to drive in winter with summer tires would have them, and you'd be safer.

By "you" I am referring to all human beings.

I'm assuming that those that don't need to use snow tires due to their supreme driving skills are also wasting their efforts by having to fasten that pesky seat belt.

And yes, they're called all-season tires for a reason. The same reason ticketbastard calls their charges 'convenience fees.'

I fully agree that skill is the most important factor in staying safe on the road. However, by having some technology that assists that skill and also the added performance to be able to avoid those "without skill" then I want to use it.

I guess the same argument can be made about helmets and seat belts. If I am so skilled and NEVER get into accidents when I don't wear a seatbelt, or wear a helmet, then that should be OK too? What about passenger, children's safety devices. Are they needed as well for "skilled" drivers. When does one "earn" the right to then not have to use safety devices?

Like you mentioned earlier, the best thing to do when the conditions are horrible out there is to NOT GO OUT. It's amazing what people will go out driving in blizzards for.

I am sooooooooo going to start wearing my old Jofa when I am in the car although if Jaimoe sees me in it he might naturally try and run me into the boards. Boy, did he hate that thing.

I really did hate that thing. It sat on a strange slanted angle on your head.

It sat on a strange slanted angle on your head.

That's because we were only 4 feet tall and your weak defensive skills allowed me to be staring in the top corner of the net from all the pucks I kept firing up there.

I don't even know how jaimoe would see it while tending to a steady dtream of nosebleeds

I fully agree that skill is the most important factor in staying safe on the road. However, by having some technology that assists that skill and also the added performance to be able to avoid those "without skill" then I want to use it.

What he said!

I've got a 4WD, well made vehicle. the performance with snow tires versus "all season" tires is huge. and has often helped out when i need to do quickly swerve out of the way of some idiot trying to drive into me. or had to suddenly stop, etc...