Jambands.ca

Bittersweet Motel

OB1

I just finished watching it fo rthe 10th time and it always amazes me. I haven't seen it in about 4 years but wow.

I like the many parts but especially the part when try talks about Rolling Stone not including them in the who's on tour now and then they go to a clip of Phish raging on Down With Disease.

Then I saw the Great Went section. I mean come on 70,000-80,000 fans at a festival for only one band. There ha sto be something about that. Think about all the festivals these days with 40+ bands and maybe there are 70,000 people there.

I just want to say I was glad to be a part of something like that. That band is still the shit.

[color:blue]I have always said that part of Bittersweet Motel was my favorite video of Phish. That was why I went to the shows. Nobody puts on a show like that!!!

[color:purple]"I like the many parts but especially the part when try talks about Rolling Stone not including them in the who's on tour now and then they go to a clip of Phish raging on Down With Disease."

That ridiculous Rochester Disease is still the coolest shit I have ever seen Trey do in front of my eyes.

Record low knee-bends. He was attacking the song like no guitar player has ever attacked anything. I am so glad it is caught on tape because my pants almost had my own blood all over them that night. I just wish the whole song was out there for us to see.

And I was totally sober.

That ridiculous Rochester Disease is still the coolest shit I have ever seen Trey do in front of my eyes.

Record low knee-bends. He was attacking the song like no guitar player has ever attacked anything. I am so glad it is caught on tape because my pants almost had my own blood all over them that night. I just wish the whole song was out there for us to see.

And I was totally sober.

That was definitely one of the best Phish shows that I ever attended. Awesome.

wish i was there for that rochester show.

bittersweet is a good movie for sure, the footage anyways is awesome, the outtro with them singing bittersweet in the back room is goods.

what is with that scene with fish and trey gettin it on in the closet lol?

i am just about 100% SURE something happened with the production crew/rights/ etc. with big cypress.

phish has been trying to make money the last two years....releaseing, re-releasing, etc, etc anything they can to make money.

it would only have made smart business sense that they would have released it in the last few years....

it would be a major cash score...IF they could have released it, they would have already....

i'm betting something to do with the Indians and video rights etc.

o.k. got to love the rumor mill. a friend of phish's accountant...says the money is dwindling. their biggest asset is their stage w. lights...and they rent that out sometimes (STS9 redrocks etc). anyhow he says the money will be gone in the next two years....then???? reunion tour???

p.s. take this for what its worth, nearly nothing, but a spark of a dream for a show...