Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2008

badams

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody feel that the refs helped the Pens get the ball rolling in that game? Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I thought there were several suspect non calls against the Pens during the first.

That 3rd was the best period of hockey since the first round..... It was from 11:33 to 6:11 with no whistle (I watched it on PVR and rewound the whole segment). There had to be at least 20 solid hits during that span.

I think this game reminded us why we all watch every game, its just like Phish 2004 who kicked the shit out of SPAC after a few stinkers. Don't ya dare miss it, or you just might miss it!

I still think the Wings win in 5 at home.........

S

I don't think that they necessarily helped the Pens get going at all. The refs seemed to be laying down the type of game that they were going to be calling (obvious after the quick obstruction call on Franzen to let them know they may not get away with what they were doing before.) However, first period had and even number of calls for both teams.

What bothered me more was the fact that the refs "put away their whistles" in the 3rd. This is GREAT as it allowed for that killer play for the 6 min stretch. During that time there were a number of times that they could have called penalties, and they would have if it was still the first period. If anything, i think they gave Detroit a chance. I told my wife that they'd call a penalty with less than 5 mins to go. Sure, Malkin "obstructed" the Detroit player, but that WAS NOT a penalty for the entire period up to that point!!! Must be frustrating as hell being a player in that situation.

Detroit ended up wailing 16 shots on net in the 3rd!!! They are a fucking machine, and the Pens have to capitalize on the miniscule number of errors they make, and try to force more. Franzen's goal was fantastic.

Yup, ain't no way that the Pens are gonna stop that big red machine now. Hopefully it'll chalk up to a huge experience for the young'uns (and with a better outcome that Ottawa had after attending the big dance).

The party in Nfld is going to be over the top once the championship is official!