Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2008

badams

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, just got home from a big shindig at the CBC tonight (free booze, food, and Alex Trebeck). Fuck this series is looking like shit now. Unless the Pens turn this around and take two at home, it's over. Bummer.

Oh well, got some pics with Lord Stanley's Cup tonight and I've still gotta get up at 6am. GRRRRRR. I lined up another year of being able to attend the NHL awards though (and the most kickass after party around ) so it's all good :)

Cheers,

I'm sure they will. When I get the official announcement I will forward the details and who to email to get on the list ASAP. Would be fun to have some skanks there :)

Now, it would be for the seat filler role at the theater where they do the awards. The after show party (which was mind-boggling last year) is a whole other story and seat fillers don't get in (without using covert methods ;) )

STANLEY CUP A PEN PAL

This may come as a surprise to the Red Wings, who are two victories away from raising the Stanley Cup.

Stanley Cup is a major Penguins fan. And he would like a couple of tickets to the two Cup games in Pittsburgh.

Stanley Joseph Cup, age 59, of Saltsburg, Indiana County, in the Pittsburgh region, has been a Penguins rooter for years. Several years back, he appeared in TV ads for Versus (then known as OLN) promoting the network's Stanley Cup coverage.

A steelworker who routinely works 10-hour shifts, he has been seeking Cup tickets.

And, yes, Stanley Cup has pictures of himself with the other Stanley Cup.

LOL ... now were his parents big hockey fans and name him that on purpose? Or, was it just coinkydink?

Hey, my son is a Pens fan and his middle name is STANLEY. Can I have 2 tix please? I'll drive to Pburgh for game 4 for sure. Hell, I could make tonight's game for that matter ;)

Hey, my son is a Pens fan and his middle name is STANLEY. Can I have 2 tix please? I'll drive to Pburgh for game 4 for sure. Hell, I could make tonight's game for that matter ;)

Does that mean he's going to be a Leafs fan after Saturday?

[color:purple]He's a Leaf fan right now. Shit, I forgot to tell him he's not allowed to cheer for anything more than one team per league. Since the Leafs we're out at the end of the regular season that he shouldn't watch any playoff hockey since he can't cheer for any of the teams :(

Thanks ... i'll make him cry when I get home tonight giving him the news on the rules and how he's cheating.

Edited by Guest

[color:purple]He's a Leaf fan right now. Shit, I forgot to tell him he's not allowed to cheer for anything more than one team per league. Since the Leafs we're out at the end of the regular season that he shouldn't watch any playoff hockey since he can't cheer for any of the teams :(

Thanks ... i'll make him cry when I get home tonight giving him the news on the rules and how he's cheating.

Oh, you changed your reply. I think it's natural to cheer on another team once yours is eliminated but to call yourself a fan? I'm certainly not a Wings fan.

Ya, either 6-5 or Pitt gets shut out the rest of the way - which would be kind of cool in itslef.

Know what realy sucks though? If the Pens get blown out.

Ive noticed the american media has been all over these playoffs. ESPN.com writes about them everyday and even includes the stories on the FIRST page of their website! Other writers are taking notice as well, often taking shots at the NBA playoffs and using the NHL as an examle of how good playoffs can be.

That and you've got two major american hockey markets involved and things are looking really good for the sport all of a sudden. Then Pittsburgh craps the bed in the finals...maybe. Hope they can still make a series of it!

Even last night on that show where the two guys debate current sport issues they talked about the memorial cup breaking!