NHL Playoffs 2008

badams

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A FINISH!

Someone check on Taylor asap.

Edit to add: CBC showed us that the clock would have wound down before Hossa could have tapped it in.

Double edit to add: Taylor is watching the game on delay. I just got his answering machine.

Triple edit to add: Someone check on Taylor at 4:37am.

Edited by Guest
edit'd

WHAT A FINISH!

Best finish to a final since the no goal in Buffalo. Marian Hossa reminded me of Kevin Dyson in the Superbowl. And I went nuts when Gonchar scored.

I love that my NBC affiliate is in Detroit... post-game coverage still going.

Congrats Sean.

Great finish.

The only question that remains is where is Kanada Kev's big "Congrats Wings" post where he details the background of every player on the roster. Or was that only for when your 3rd (4th? 5th?) favourite team in the league wins?

And has c-towns now cheered for almost as many teams as Kev has??

AyyyOooo ...

I can always congratulate a winner. I've complimented the Wings many a time in here and would gladly do so again. They were completely deserving of the championship. A true TEAM. Detroit fans should have big grins on their faces for a while (maybe even another year?) and be proud of their franchise.

It was a highly entertaining series to watch and I'm glad it wasn't a quick sweep. After the first 2 games it was looking iffy.

I was majorly impressed with Zetterberg. Who else could they have actually given the MVP to, really? Franzen was wild to watch too. Amazing how that guy can drag the puck to the net through traffic and then roof it.

The Pens will be back in a big way. They can only learn from this experience. Their play was frustrating at times, but they were tenacious and showed a lot of grit.

I still can't believe that Hasek gets his name on the cup again :(

116__MG_9783.jpg

In the "stupid-retarded" news category comes this story.

CBC dumps 'Hockey Night' theme

Bal Brach, The Ottawa Citizen

Published: Thursday, June 05, 2008

What has long been known as Canada's "second national anthem," CBC's Hockey Night in Canada theme song, will no longer be used.

Thursday night's Stanley Cup final game six was the last time "dunt- da-dunt- da-dunt," was played, according to the song's composer. CBC has announced the corporation is moving in a "new direction."

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation advised the composer, Dolores Claman, that it is not prepared to enter into a new license agreement with respect to the use of the theme.

"I am saddened by the decision of the CBC to drop the Hockey Night in Canada Theme after our lengthy history together," said Claman in a statement Wednesday.

"I nevertheless respect its right to move in a new direction," she said.

The composition was written by Claman in 1968. The current license agreement expired at the end of the 2007-2008 NHL playoffs.

The news release said the CBC has been offered a new license on terms that are virtually identical to those that have existed for the past decade, but the broadcaster has decided not to renew.

It costs the CBC $500 to use the theme for each game broadcast of Hockey Night in Canada.

The theme song, one of the longest running in broadcast history, was originally commissioned by the MacLaren advertising agency in Toronto, according to the website hockeytheme.com.

The agency was looking for a powerful commercial jingle suitable for the big game of hockey.

It soon became used as the theme song for the CBC hockey broadcasts and has been running ever since.

The only question that remains is where is Kanada Kev's big "Congrats Wings" post where he details the background of every player on the roster. Or was that only for when your 3rd (4th? 5th?) favourite team in the league wins?

:)

I'm waiting for bennyd to make an appearance.