Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2008

badams

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Finals look amazing. The talent, and systems of both teams are dynamic and flying at top speed. They are making some pretty good teams look pretty bad at the moment.

I think Detroits got the edge though. And all because of one matchup: Chris Chelios vs. Gary Roberts. Chelios has his team humming on all cylinders.

After all those years with cinderella teams from the west playing eventual cup winners from the South, a Lockout, and the Ducks goonery over my home team last year and the end of an era in O-town... it's nice to see a final where the two top (really, really) skilled teams meet in the finals to duke it out.

There were alot of classic rounds too... San Jose, Dallas, Colorado, Detroit, Pittsburg, Philly, Montreal, and New York, Washington all made for some interesting stories during the Playoff so far.

I still don't like the reffing... there should be a video ref who can make calls from a video control booth... and they should call EVERYTHING...

I don't care if they play 3-3 all the time... no wait... I would... that would be awesome.

I can't remember a second and third round of playoff hockey so devoid of excitement. NBC better find some afternoon programming for this weekend (and we all know that even infomercials would draw better than the NHL, ha!), looks like there won't be any game 5's to watch.

First round there were 48 of the 56 possible games played or 86%.

Second round there were 20 of the 28 possible games played or 71%.

If we get 3rd round sweeps we are gonna have 8 of the possible 14 games played or 57%.

Not a lot of fucking drama since the 1st round and a whole lot of crushing going on. Going by the a grading standard 1st round was an A, 2nd a B- and the 3rd a D+.

Okay I'm bored at work and all this shit is pretty fucking irrelevant and useless.....uuuuuuuuhm........Go Wings I guess.