Jambands.ca

I'm Hungry!

LJFH

Do you have eggs and small amounts of leftover stuff (cheese, deli meat, tomatoes, peppers, etc.)? If so, an omelette can work really well (Alton Brown terms this kind of dish "refrigerator velcro")...day-glo orange sliced cheese, however, is not recommended... ;)

Aloha,

Brad

this is quick if you have the stuff...im going to take a pic right now...so far im at 10 minutes...you can do it on a regular Q too and it will work just the same. I also just reworked my recipe to make it quick and for a rack of lamb. It is now a crust/paste.

DSCF0396.jpg

Edited by Guest

DSCF0408.jpg

Morrocan Spiced Lamb

For two racks;

1/2 cup of shelled, roasted pistachios

1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1 Tbsp Tahini

3 Tbsp of orange zest

2 Tbsp of roasted cumin seeds

1/2 Tbsp of roasted Corriander seeds

5 Cloves

1/2 Tbsp of Cinnamon

1/2 tsp of Salt

1/2 tsp of Pepper

4 cloves of garlic

Put everything into a food processor and blend until you have a nice paste. Rub all the paste on to the racks and let rest for as long as possible.

Place on the top rack of the bbq and then start the flame. Med/low heat and close the lid. 400-425F is the most you want the temp to get to and reduce the heat. 15-18 minutes for medium. I recommend, if you have the time to slow roast the lamb over a wood or charcoal grill.

Cherry Gastric

15-20 fresh pitted cherries

1 small shallot or 2 tbsp of fine diced onion

4 tbsp of raw sugar or brown sugar

1 Cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp of cinnamon

1/2 tsp of ground Corriander

2 tbsp spoons of orange zest

juice of one orange

1 cup of redwine

1 tbsp of cold butter

Salt and Pepper TT

1. Sweat the cherries, raw sugar, cinnamon, corriander, orange zest and the shallots in a small sauce pot, over medium heat until you have small bubbles.

2. Add the orange juice and bring to a light boil.

3. Add the wine and reduce by half.

4. When ready to serve, bring to simmer, remove from the heat and whisk in the cold butter.

This recipe could be done in about 25 minutes or so if you were in a rush and have all this stuff on hand. Its really good on the mess factor too.

P.S. in place of the garlic I used about 6 garlic shoots.

Edited by Guest