Jambands.ca

Grateful Fest

Schwa.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it looks like you can add me at Todd (and Rowen) to the list)!!

Glad to see so many people are going to be representing!

I hope that we can camp out with all of you guys. Joni, et al, I would absolutely love to end up on the same site as last year (or thereabouts), as it would be a perfect location for having the wee one (not too close to the inner mayhem), but still surrounded by all you kind folks.

Rusty (Fattie's old manager) is also sounding like he is going to come. He is a huge bluegrass fan too, so the potential for some awesome campfire jams just keeps getting better and better. Schwa, I'm looking forward to hearing you bust out some mandolin!

As of now we're thinking of arriving on the Thursday. Do you think that's too late? How quickly does this place get busy?

I think we arrived Thursday last year and had no problem squeezing onto Joni's site (but maybe that was just lucky?)

Jeez, I'm away from this board for a couple of weeks, and I miss out on all of this build up. Glad to hear so many people are interested!

Cheers,

sara

Hey Schwa! I'll be winding up my roadtrip at Gratefulfest. I'm planning on getting there a couple days early to snag the same great site as last year and to hang out with some friends. It's a perfect site to set up Camp Shangrischwa!

Karin & James! So bummed you're not gonna be there. Burning Man 2009?!

I hear tell now that this campsite is a 20 minute walk from the stage. Can anyone confirm this?

My mandolin is a bit twisted and in need of a luthier right now :( Boss will most certainly have his so i hope the guitar will suffice ;) Looking forward to some campfire jams (assuming todd is bringing his guit-box)

**list of participants editted**

He doesn't leave home without it! And the guitar will more than suffice! This is going to be such a blast. Jammin' around the fire last year with the canadian crew was amongst my highlights of the festival for sure! Here's hopin' for some good weather. We are more than due for it!

He doesn't leave home without it! And the guitar will more than suffice! This is going to be such a blast. Jammin' around the fire last year with the canadian crew was amongst my highlights of the festival for sure! Here's hopin' for some good weather. We are more than due for it!

Awesome, can't wait for some bluegrassy jams with the gang!

Well, I for one and glad to see we got rid of some of last year's riff raff (not to name any names, Mark Tonin). But then you get your maxwebster-types in there and the riff raff factor just skyrockets again!

Seriously though - looks like a great great crew heading down! Really looking fwd to this. That spot we had last year was purrrfect - hope you can get it again Joni!!!

Maybe we can be "Camp Schwillbilly" - who's making the sign?

Maybe we can be "Camp Schwillbilly" - who's making the sign?

I'm on it!

Sweet!!

M.T. - we're just going to have to work on getting the start of the school year pushed back.....who do we need to call?

a well-timed bomb threat would do the trick. that would buy mark at least a day or two :P

a well-timed bomb threat would do the trick. that would buy mark at least a day or two :P

Good call Timouse.

Mark what do you think? Don't say "yes" or "no". Seeing as your username on here is Mark Tonin, we don't want them tracing anything back to you if they investigate. So just nod your head in a yes or no direction and I will proceed accordingly.

Good call Timouse.

Mark what do you think? Don't say "yes" or "no". Seeing as your username on here is Mark Tonin' date=' we don't want them tracing anything back to you if they investigate. So just nod your head in a yes or no direction and I will proceed accordingly.[/quote']

You guys make me smile and laugh!!! :) :laugh:

Peace, Mark