Jambands.ca

Data Recovery - SW Ontario

AD

Can anyone recommend a data recovery firm that does fast, quality work in SW Ontario (London, KW, Hamilton, Toronto)? My dad lost a ton of very important data tonight with no backups (yes yes he now knows) and absolutely needs to get anything he can restored ASAP. Price is no object.

If you can recommend a company that would be great, thanks.

has he tried using any software? I lost an entire drive and after getting a ridiculous quote for recovery (all my photos), I found a piece of software called GetDataBack which recovered everything.

I'm guessing if you're being charged $1000/hr, that also means all the processing time. It can take a while to process, and copy recovered files to a good drive.

i am in hamilton and i can try a few things and it wont be $1000 per hour, i can promise you that.

if you wanted to bring it by, i could take a look and if i can help, we can work out something nice. if it's beyond my skills, no charge, no harm trying.

just be careful (physically) with the drive. no bumps, no bruises, no accidental mis-connections!

Take heed of this warning folks. I noted this thread and thought I'd better back up. But I didn't. Suddenly my hard drive is really cooked... I've retreived some stuff from it. Day three of the data recovery is still underway. I'm now 20 hours into a spinrite recovery scan, and it's only 51% percent done... It's bringing some sectors back to life though...

The real puzzle is what happened... Outlook just started messing up then I couldn't even start. During one boot there was report of a rootkit. However it kind of seems like that wasn't it. Spinrite is suggesting physical damage to the sectors.

Back up your stuff so you won't be a sucka!

Edited by Guest