Jambands.ca

Jackson 5 to Reunite

Schwa.

YDNEY (AFP) - The Jackson Five, the group that launched the career of pop superstar Michael Jackson, are planning to reunite for a world tour next year, his older brother said, according to Australian media Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Jermaine Jackson said his siblings, including Michael and Janet, were on board as he attended a pay TV launch in Sydney Wednesday, the national AAP news agency reported.

"This has been a long time coming for the Jackson family to get back together," Jermaine Jackson told AAP.

"It is just the timing, so what we've been doing is working on the music and all the logistics."

Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael last toured together in 1984 as The Jacksons -- with six members, including Randy Jackson -- having originally formed the Jackson Five in 1965.

The group stopped touring together as Michael and Janet became international music superstars on their own, and the Jackson Five formally disbanded in 1990.

"It is going to be more like a family affair, Janet's going to open and, of course, the original Jackson 5 ... Michael, Randy and the whole family ... we're in the studio, we're planning on being out there next year," Jermaine was quoted by AAP as saying.

Jermaine was the guest of honour at the Multi Channel Network's 2009 launch to advertisers in Sydney. Other guests included US actor Jenna Elfman, Sarah Murdoch and Olympian Ian Thorpe.

This is probably their last hurrah and last chance to cash in on their past fame. Michael can't sell tickets, Janet can't sell tickets, Tito can't sell tickets, Jermaine can't sell tickets......but together they could fill auditoriums around the world for a tour or two.

sounds like you did some research. I'm pretty sure that if michael jackson put on some shows people would go apeshit.

I guess my "research" consisted of a BBC documentary I saw recently called "What happened to Michael Jackson". In the doc they go to an auction of his most famous memorabilia, and hardly anyone one shows up. He owes so much money that he is selling much of what he owns and now rents a home (in LA I believe).

It appears he has lost much of his world-wide fame and people yell at him when he appears on stage. Likewise Janet just cancelled a whole bunch of shows because she was "sick" but speculation was that ticket sales were so low she would make more money getting money from the insurance policy on the tour.

I have absolutely no basis for stating that Tito and Jermaine can't sell tickets, and I retract that statement. I hear the Eagles may tour again.......

My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we've certainly shared many great experiences, but, at this time, I have no plans to record or tour with them.

I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson%20tour%20not%20happening_1085193

Aloha,

Brad