"Economic Update"

AD

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you....

i just know where this is all going.

Glad that you do 'cause I don't have a clue what's going to happen now...

Rae is being a total fuggin' asshole...if he can't face the fact that he's not very popular with a vast amount of voters from his days as Premier, then he's just as guilty as Dion in that he's not helping the Liberal party, he's further damaging it...I was going to send a contribution but have decided not to until they get their fuggin' sh!t together...

The Liberals need fresh blood, someone who will unite the party and put Canada first, party second. In my opinion Rae is putting party and personal agendas first by not recognizing that Ignatieff has the majority of the party behind him...yes, it's democracy to have a choice but when the choice is obvious it is a waste of time and money, time & money that can be used to rebuild the party...

I did laugh over John Stewart's spin on it last night...we can do that?!? ;)

EDIT TO ADD: I just read that Rae has dropped out of the race. Very smart of him and one that the Liberal party will most certainly benefit from.

Well, if there's the slightest indication that the Conservatives will win a majority Ignatieff will not back a coalition as it would be almost certain that the GG would not give the coalition power and instead grant Harper a snap election.

The economy is still in free-fall mode with thousands losing jobs and being laid off...this will not be a quick fix no matter what budget is brought in and the card the Liberals have to play is that which sees the Conservatives continue running with their minority until a time when enough Canadians are pissed and have realised they've been duped by Harper and then scream for change...then the next piece of legislation that the Cons try to put through will be voted down and it'll be back to the polls...

Just my opinion but with Iggy stepping into the new role he's not going to be chummy chummy with Jack...

"The Liberals need fresh blood, someone who will unite the party and put Canada first, party second. In my opinion Rae is putting party and personal agendas first by not recognizing the Ignatieff has the majority of the party behind him...yes, it's democracy to have a choice but when the choice is obvious it is a waste of time and money, time & money that can be used to rebuild the party..."

If anyone knows where this is going, I do...Charest in 2012. He's on his way to reuniting Quebec as long as he does the job he could have done as PM rather than Kim Campbell (what did she do?)

I think I'd vote Liberal if that guy proves himself well in Quebec...depending of course on my riding and the time.

Peter MacKay 2012!

Maybe Elizabeth May will have her party in contention by then. :yeah right, but who sure of anything right?:

And there's nothing I disagree with in the Marijuana Party's platform.

I suppose I was really seeking some clarification from that funny (as in strange) sentence you wrote that had 'reuniting' and 'Kim Campbell' in it. I totally understand if any of my questions didn't follow from what you actually meant to say, and not what you wrote.