Jambands.ca

highlights of ottawa

snarfmaster C

I'll add Hogs Back to the list. I think it is pretty awesome, especially during the spring thaw when the water is flowing like crazy. You can't hear a thing from the roar. It's right where the canal meets the river so there is a historic element to it as well, and is obviously connected the bike paths, albeit a tad south of downtown.

i am kinda surprised that the cat ghetto made this list. twice, too. i think once you've seen it, you've had your fill.

Fill of cats? Never!

Although, yeah, it is kinda ghetto. Last time I was there a groundhog was getting in on the action. One of the tourists was convinced it was a beaver. Good times.

Until May 31, 2009, visitors to the Canada Agriculture Museum, Canada Aviation Museum and Canada Science and Technology Museum who present a valid OC Transpo transit pass or transfer can receive a free museum admission with the purchase of one paid admission of equal or greater value. ...poster in .pdf format

little known fact - if you have a library card, you can sign out passes to many of ottawa's museums.

little known fact - if you have a library card' date=' you can sign out passes to many of ottawa's museums. [/quote']

I'm missing something here. Wuchewtawkenbowt?

http://www.biblioottawalibrary.ca/explore/about/partners_e.html

Library Partnerships

* Museums

* Centrepointe Theatre

* Divertimento Orchestra

* La Nouvelle Scène

* National Arts Centre

* GOYA Theatre

* Algonquin College Theatre Arts

* Odyssey Theatre

* Kanata Symphony Orchestra

* Active Ottawa

* EnviroCentre

* Toronto Public Library, Francommunautés virtuelles & Ontario Ministry of Culture

* Sm@rt Library

* National Capital FreeNet

* 123 Read With Me

* Kiwanis Read-a-thon

* Ottawa Catholic School Board's Continuing Education Program

Canadian Museum of Nature

Museum of Civilization

Canada Museum of Science and Technology

Ottawa Museum Network

An OPL card allows you to sign out one of 75 passes for each museum from any of the OPL branches or through the bookmobile.

The museum passes allow families to discover some of our local museums at no cost:

* Nature Card: Canadian Museum of Nature

* Privilege Card: Canadian Museum of Civilization (Admits a family of four with a miximum of two adults (adults: 18+, kids: under 18))

* ScienceTech Card: Canada Science and Technology Museum

* Ottawa museum pass: 10 local museums that tell the greater Ottawa story. (NOTE: Some special events and exhibits are not included as part of the museum’s regular admission and are subject to additional fees.)

Passes can be borrowed for one week and be used each day you have it out!

For more information on what’s happening at these museums, visit their website: Canadian Museum of Nature, Canadian Museum of Civilization, Canada Science and Technology Museum, or Ottawa Museum Network.

• 4 months later...

reviving this thread to see what kind of free stuff i can do while i'm still on summer holidays!

does anyone know if dogs are allowed on the trails in gatineau park?

*also* what are your favourite hiking trails in the gats? i always seem to end up on the same one [mackenzie king? something like that].

*also* what are your favourite hiking trails in the gats? i always seem to end up on the same one [mackenzie king? something like that].

this is a great hike:

http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-Lusk-Falls-Chutes-de-Lusk-near-Hull-PQ-988

I've only tried it once and never made it to the firetower. we were with the kids, so weren't moving too quickly. it was in the fall, which made it much more difficult as the rocks were covered in slippery leaves, making it quite challenging.