Jambands.ca

nickleback sux

Schwa.

Album of the Year: Nickelback, "Dark Horse"

Group of the Year: Nickelback

Artist of the Year: Sam Roberts

Juno Fan Choice Award: Nickelback

Songwriter of the Year: Dallas Green, "Waiting..."; "Sleeping Sickness"; "The Girl" from "Bring Me Your Love" by City and Colour

New Artist of the Year: Lights

Rap Recording of the Year: Kardinal Offishall, "Not 4 Sale"

Edited by Guest
sounded stupid.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That opening performance and song that Nickeback did last night was offensive on every level.

And another sign of the Apocalypse: I thought Dallas Green's collaboration with Gord Downie was fairly excellent and so was Green's Crazy Horse-inspired guitar solo. But seeing his famous now-wife gushing in the crowd evened things out.

a rail spike to the inner ear beats Nicklecrack any day.

WHO THE FUCK VOTES FOR THIS SHIT?!? Seriously, do they have no gawddammed musical integrity or taste for that matter??? how do these assholes keep winning awards???

i feel offended in some way.

Russell Peters said that he tried to do a comedy skit with Nickelback for last night's show, but he had to walk away because they were impossible to deal with. He said they were arrogant and didn't want to be made fun of, so he switched to Michael Bublé (a funny skit BTW) and Anne Murray.

Rap Recording of the Year: Kardinal Offishall' date=' "Not 4 Sale"[/quote']

I actually don't see too much wrong with that one dog... Shad and K-os and K'naan are good too, but Kardi's been around for a long ass time with little recognition.

hence it's lack of boldness.

Edited by Guest

Well Mordy… all their songs don't actually sound the same… If you walk through the park and observe various dog shits… you will notice that each piece of shit is unique in it's own form….

Nickelback songs are like unique pieces of dog shit…. each of them steam and stink in their own special way….

Except….. I'd rather eat dog shit than listen to Nickelback

From http://wikisingers.com/friends-dont-let-friends-listen-to-nickelback/

I was going to mention this last week, although I always hated Matthew Good's voice and most of his music, I gained a certain amount of respect for him when he said this about the Junos:

“When it’s actually a television broadcast that celebrates actual Canadian music, rather than who’s doing well internationally and who has been in car commercials…then I’ll go,â€
“When it actually promotes Canadian music at root levels, and it isn’t kind of this weekend when the Canadian music industry pretends that it’s this independent industry and not just marketing warehouses for the United States, then sure, I’ll be a part of it.â€

“But until then I really have no desire to be a part of it. At all.â€

Seriously Schwa., your surprised Nickleback won everything?

Haven't you ever seen buddy's house on Cribs? The dudes a billionaire- Nickleback are f'n HUGE.

As for Matt Good - what he said may be true, but you know if he was ever nominated for anything (shudder) he'd be there. It's not like his music is being overlooked for being too rootsy or non-mainstream or anything - it's just being overlooked, period.

surprised no. DISAPPOINTED yes.

i've only seen a few cribs episodes...i think chris sheppard was one, some female rock star was another and the curly haired guy from Kids in the Hall. oh, and one of the Good Charolette guys too.

*edit* also saw Tony Hawk's 'crib' It was very nice.

Edited by Guest

As for Matt Good - what he said may be true, but you know if he was ever nominated for anything (shudder) he'd be there. It's not like his music is being overlooked for being too rootsy or non-mainstream or anything - it's just being overlooked, period.

Wrong buddy. :)

He has won 3 Junos in the past(he never received any of them in person) and was nominated for Rock Album of the Year this year.

Edited by Guest

Wait a second, people care what the "popular" music industry thinks about itself?

The Juno's are a "popular" awards show, made to sell to commercials on CTV. At least that's what they are now.

I mean, do you give a shit about the Grammys?

I didn't watch a lick of the broadcast, but found nothing surprising about the list of "winners".

Sorry, sorry, sorry...I just thought from his excerpt that he was bitter about the junos, just figured it was b/c he was never honoured, and I assumed it was because he stinks.

At least they're consistent. :confused:

Always found his music to be very bland. Not horrible, but nothing exciting either. But maybe that's just me.

(retreats to Rich Stadium for the rest of the day)

I think Nicklebunk is the best band EVER. Every song sounds exactly the same, I know what to expect. Their talent is underrated, like a really bad Trauma film done in mime. Their really trendy (which means there with the times), I bet they drink Starbucks and wear designer jeans with rips in place when purchased. In short, I wish I were them, and I KNOW Schwa. does too.