Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2009

badams

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

If the ref calls it a no-goal initially, the video replay must clearly show a goal to overturn the decision. The goal judges obviously could not prove without a shadow of a doubt that the red line and puck atoms were not touching, so no-goal.

What was Bob Cole drinking? I believe he said on Crosby's last goal that the "puck went off his [Varlamov]fat face and in."

He also said the Caps won the series.

He also said the Caps had won the game with 4.5 minutes left in the game.

I was hoping the Pens would come back to make him look like an ass.

The way penalties are called these days, that probably should have been a penalty.

I just get sick of everyone jumping on the "He needs to be suspended" bandwagon lately (not that anyone here said that, just the internet in general). It's fuckin hockey, these boys are tough, and I GUARANTEE the little play did not hurt Varlamov.

Guest Low Roller

It looks like Kunitz grazed the mask and didn't hit just bare neck thankfully.

Varlamov has been phenomenal so far.

I doubt he'll get suspended and I'm leaning towards I don't think he should because that was cheap but not viscous (2 minutes for sure though) buuuuuuuuut I don't necessarily agree with how suspensions are called - he got hurt, suspension or well he got hit to head, intentionally with a stick, but luckily didn't get hurt - no suspension.

Ultimately they're not addressing intent but only looking at result. Luck is playing a huge factor. I don't know really, tough issue. The NFL will suspend a guy for helmet to helmet on a QB even if the QB stays in the game and isn't injured and NFL players are pretty fucking tough.

Really I just posted the video to clarify that he more than barely touched him. The whole suspension debate is a huge can of worms.