Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2009

badams

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWKKD? ;)

LOL ... i feel for you Ollie. I haven't seen the Trick tour yet, so I'd be sorely tempted to go to the show and record the game (and then do everything possible to get home without finding out the final score).

If you don't go to the show, you'll have to eat your tickets, no? Who could you find to take them off your hands and recoup your cash?

Email TMB and ask them to project the game on the screens on stage! That would be cool ;)

Edited by Guest

Its easy to talk about, its easy to sum it up when you just talk about a cover band. We sittin' in here, I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talkin' about a cover band. I mean listen, we talkin bout a cover band. Not a game, not a game 1, not a game 7. We talkin bout a cover band. Not a game, not a game, not a game, not the game that I go out there and die for, and play every game like its my last. Not the game. We talkin' bout a cover band, man. I mean how silly is that? We talkin' bout a cover band. I know I'm supposed to be there, I know I'm supposed to lead by example. I know that, and I'm not shovin' it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know its important, I do. I honestly do. But we talkin' bout a cover band, man. What are we talkin' bout? A cover band? We talkin' bout a cover band man. We talk... We talkin' bout a cover band. We talkin' bout a cover band. We ain't talkin' bout the game, we talkin' bout a cover band, man. When you come into the arena, and you see me play, you see me play, don't you? You see me give everything I got, right? But we talkin' bout a cover band right now. We talkin' bout a cover band. (crowd laughs) Man look, I hear you, its funny to me too. I mean, its strange, its strange to me too. But we talkin' bout a cover band man. We not even talkin' bout the game, the actual game, when it matters. We talkin' bout a cover band.

Ollie,

Go to the show, PVR the game. You won't be able to convince (or need to do so) Booche. It's a "70s Genesis Thing" ... you know I get it. Hard to get others to see the light. Their loss. We're a small population.

I've always contended that Phish freaks should really get off on early Genesis. I always called for them to do TLLDOB for a Halloween show. WAIT!!! That would make PHISH a cover band for a whole set!!!!! Fuuuuuuuucccccckkkk ;)

BTW ... it is the second round, not the Conference Finals or the Cup Finals.

phil_collins.jpg

Roller,

It's a "Born and bred Canadian hockey fan thing" ... you know I get it. Hard to get others to see the light. Their loss. We're a small population.

Ollie, why dont you just put on whatever album The Musical Box is going to play tonight while you watch the game?

Fuckingpotheads...........

Sucks when things overlap like this (like BOTH game 7s tomorrow night!!!)

I remember watching the Jays in the ALCS on a tiny portable TV i had back in 91/92 while I was in the Forum at a Habs game ;) I was surprised at how many people around me were clamouring for updates while the game was on . Ahhh, the simple life before txt messaging a twitterheads.

I've been at shows where the bands give score updates to the crowd too.

Guest Low Roller

Enjoy your 70's prog-rock cover band with the guy who's pretending to be Phil Collins. Sounds like you got a winner.