Jambands.ca

Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest Line-up Announced

bouche

unless they close off the entire area and only do one entrance, they are gonna have to use those paper wristbands again, no?
Maybe this year they'll organize the stages such that you do not need to leave the festival grounds to get from one to another. That would be sweet.

Feel free to look at the Bluesfest website.

sitemap2009colour.jpg

Festival Passport ($225) includes a package of single-day-tickets for each day of the event. Each individual ticket is good for general admission to all on-site shows for that day—with some exceptions—depending on capacity. If you leave the festival site and would like to return, your ticket is your proof of payment.

Although yes, it would make more sense to have the whole site as one site.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok AD so you are telling me that i have to get my ticket scanned every single time i go from rogers to subway stage or BofA to black sheep stage and that you know this.

sorry i just don't buy it...what a huge pain in the ass.

i'm not telling you anything definitive or trying to sell you anything, i'm just suggesting that you check the website - nobody on this board knows any better than the official website at the moment. why not email them directly?

Velvet's post and Big Wooly Mammoth's post seem to answer your questions fairly well from just looking at the site map.

Velvet's post and Big Wooly Mammoth's post seem to answer your questions fairly well from just looking at the site map.

Yeah, I think the Mammoth is right with respect to last year's set up. Now that I think about it I only had to "check out" when I wanted to hit the Black Sheep stage through the museum. If you do the walk around then you remain on festival grounds at all times.

• 1 month later...
OTTAWA — Bluesfest is moving into the ByWard Market in a big way this year, with dozens of free shows added to the usual festival lineup on LeBreton Flats.

“Bluesfest ByWard†will feature more than 70 free shows in the Market from July 9 to 13, says the webpage ottawatourism.com. The shows will be held in clubs and on outdoor stages.

Full details will be released at noon Wednesday during a press conference in the Byward Market with festival representatives and John Baird, federal minister of transport, infrastructure and communities.

Bluesfest runs July 8 to 19 this year.

More coming...

The lineup for this Blues in the Market things is awesome!

I can't find the lineup online but just read the press release at the friendly neighbourhood record store... Nicely done. Now, to see what the schedule is. Hope there isn't any / much overlap with the festival proper. Last thing I want to do is commute between Lebreton and the Market...

The lineup for this Blues in the Market things is awesome!

I can't find the lineup online but just read the press release at the friendly neighbourhood record store... Nicely done. Now, to see what the schedule is. Hope there isn't any / much overlap with the festival proper. Last thing I want to do is commute between Lebreton and the Market...

Well, do you remember any of the bands off the top of your head?

Proclaimers

George Clinton

Matt Mays

RJD2

Kid Koala

Arrested Development

i'm forgetting tons of names, my apologies. The press release should be online soon I imagine...

Tons of local bands, which is nice to see.