Jambands.ca

Official Rate-the-Ribfest thread

Velvet

Try as I might, it's impossible to hit every stand at Ribfest, so let us all know what you think of the one you pick.

I had the pulled pork sammy meal (includes beans and slaw) at Uncle Sam's today, and though I remember it being a favourite last year I found it quite meh. The slaw was lame, the beans fine and the sandwich was okay, but not mouth-wateringly amazing.

I had a pulled pork sandwich yesterday from.... Hmm.. Area 31? Something like that? I guess saying "the one that came in 1st last year" doesn't help because they all claim to have come in first last year. Its on the block west of O'Connor, the stand in the middle (there were three).

Anyways the sandwich was amazing, and MASSIVE for $6. I just barely finished it. Two thumbs up.

I had the Ribs and Pulled pork combo from Texas Outlaws yesterday. I found my ribs to be very meatless and was semi dissapointed. My friend had the half rack from Texas outlaws and his ribs looked really good...so to me it seemed as though the pre made combos get the rejects or ends of the ribs. Maybe it was bad luck, but I would go with just the ribs next time.

I also bought a bottle of bbq sauce as I like to stock up for the Summer and winter with some quality sauce. I am hunting for the Florida Gator spot today.

I got up to Uncle Sam's planning to get chicken and or ribs but panicked for some stupid reason and order the pulled pork. Exact same as Velvet's order from yesterday, which I agree with aside from the sandwich. It's quite good.

I also got a free Dr Pepper in front of my building. First in years and I feel like I was ripped off. Terrible soda pop. Terrible.

just got back from Ribfest.. got the pulled pork sandwich from Area 31..

I found that the pork deep in the middle of the sandwich was dry.. but on the outside it was great. too bad the BBQ sauce didn't make it through to the middle.

but for $6.00 on a beautiful day like today.. still totally worth it (plus I scored a free Dr. Pepper on Queen street by the CIBC!)

I can't believe I missed out on free Dr. Peppers.

I'm actually a Pepper.

phorbesie and I shared a full rack and a pulled pork sammy from Gators. I was pretty disappointed with the ribs, not fall-off-the-bone and quite fatty, but the sandwich was great! There was a big chunk of unpulled pork in the middle of the sandwich but I look at that the same way as I looked at quarters cooked into birthday cakes; be careful and you'll get a nice treat.

I haven't been impressed in any way in the last 3 or 4 years of Ribfest the way I would expect to be. I've had better ribs out of Crystals crockpot or my back yard bbq.

It doesn't seem to be worth the money. If there is a must try ribs....I'll take the recommendation, but it seems like there is nothing there.

I haven't been impressed in any way in the last 3 or 4 years of Ribfest the way I would expect to be. I've had better ribs out of Crystals crockpot or my back yard bbq.

It doesn't seem to be worth the money. If there is a must try ribs....I'll take the recommendation, but it seems like there is nothing there.

You should start a new thread...

"Official Hate-the-Ribfest thread"

Which stand did you try this year?

I agree with this but I go for the atmosphere. Hoping to hit up the fest sometime this weekend!

pleeeeeeeeeeease............

I agree with this but I go for the atmosphere.

pleeeeeeeeeeease.............

pleeeeeeeeeeease............

I agree with this but I go for the atmosphere.

pleeeeeeeeeeease.............

You obviously don't know what you're missing so... enjoy!