Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya, fack, I dunno, Im bitter. Thought game 3 was an indication of things to come. The run was really fun to watch though. I guess, in retrospect, a healthy Flyers team SHOULD be this good, and they've definitely proved that they are no 8th seed. I'll be surprised if the Hawks take it in anything less than 6, and I won't be surprised if Philly pulls it off and wins the whole thing - they have a lot of talent.

Sadly, a part of me is glad the Habs are out because I have a dangerous amount of booze in my house. ;)

It really was an entertaining year though but there is alot of work to be done. Gauthier is either going to look like a champ or a chump pretty facking quickly.

I think for the players they have, the D will be too old next season. There are a couple of holes on the top two lines that have to be dealt with if they want to have any success and then the entire Carey/Jaro thing combined with the salary cap situation.

Not an easy summer for any GM. No time for looking back!

Congrats Habs, nice run, win one more game and you could consider yourselves as good as the 92-93 Leafs, good on you.

You're no 93-94 Canucks, 03-04 Flames, 05-06 Oilers and definitely not the glorious 06-07 Sens team, but there's always next year.

bull-fighting-sports-injuries-matador-gored-in-butt.jpg

(jokes aside, nice run, wish the Sens had someone like Halak)

Guest Low Roller

I am gutted by the game last night. I still believed they could come back right up until that empty net goal.

What a freakin' roller coaster of a season. When all is said and done, I think Gainey's chemistry experiment needs to be labeled a success. Now let's see what Gauthier can do with it.

UFAs: Tomas Plekanec, Domenic Moore, Glen Metropolit, Paul Mara, MA Bergeron, Mathieu Darche.

RFAs: Jaroslav Halak, Carey Price, Sergei Kostitsyn, Tom Pyatt, Maxim Lapierre, Benoit Pouliot.

After three major injuries in the past two seasons (back, foot, knee), will Markov be able to play up to his ability?

Will Gauthier try to upgrade Hamrlik or let him play out the last year of his contract?

How much is Halak worth??

How much is Price worth???

Will they sign Plex for big money or make another pitch for Marleau?

I can't wait for next year. The ghosts are back!

I can't wait for next year. The ghosts are back!

I know I'll immediately regret even asking what the fuck are you going on about but it's like a car crash, you just have to look.

What the fuck are you going on about?

The Forum ghosts? Wouldn't you have to fucking win something, ie the Stanley Cup, to have any fucking notion that the so called Forum ghosts have finally made their migration to the Bell Centre?

Here's a fucking update, Les Brahs got crushed in the conference finals.

Is Le Curse over as well because you have a decent goaltender?

Guest Low Roller

Habs don't waste time: sign some guy called Kyle Klubertanz, who is a former teammate of Ryan McDonaugh at the University of Wisconsin. He played in the Swedish Elite League last season after not getting signed by the Ducks.

He will compete with Hunter Bishop for awesomest name in the organization.

Still no word on whether the Habs will sign their 1st round pick in 2006 David Fischer.

Guest Low Roller

Apparently the Habs knew what they were doing when they traded away Ryan McDonagh.

Word is that he wants to stay in college rather than sign an NHL contract like the Rangers are desperately trying to get him to do. He has one more season left at the University of Wisconsin, where he is captain, and if the Rangers can't sign him by August 2011 he becomes an unrestricted free agent, able to listen to offers from all teams.

Anyone know of any safeguards against this approach?

Guest Low Roller

Outdoor game? Yes please!

So the Habs will be playing their second outdoor game next season in Calgary. It won't be part of the Winter Classic, but just part of a money grab scheme to exploit the canadian love of the game.

I wonder how Brian Burke feels about Toronto getting no outdoor games, but Montreal already getting two. I guess the Leafs are no longer a draw on CBC anymore. ;)

Guest Low Roller

Looking pretty bleak for Fischer's future with the Habs organization. The team announced the roster for their development camp in June, and Fischer, the 20th pick overall in 2006, didn't even make the list.

Just to make everyone feel real old, there are players invited to the development camp who were born in the early 90's.

Guest Low Roller

I'm a goalie freak, so I've been following this case quite closely:

The Habs have until tomorrow to sign the 6'8" monster goalie Jason Missiaen to a pro contract. They drafted him in 2008 in the 4th round out of the OHL where he plays for Peterborough.

He was always considered a 'project' for the Habs, where they hoped that he could develop the speed to go along with his freakish height. However all indications are that the Habs are about to give up on him, notably his exclusion from the development camp starting next week.

Check out this video to witness how he just dwarfs Roland Melanson in 2008:

22436_large.png

The other goalie prospects currently in the Habs system are:

Cedrick Desjardins, Hamilton Bulldogs (RFA, free agent signing)

Curtis Sanford, Hamilton Bulldogs (UFA, free agent signing)

Robert Meyer, Cincinnati Cyclones (RFA 2011, free agent signing)

Petteri Simila (needs to sign by June 2011, 2009 draft pick 7th round, 6'6" the next giant)

Three goalies are receiving tryouts at the development camp that is starting this week: one from the Swiss league, one from the Q, and one from the NCAA.

I'm a goalie freak

Please, excuse me for a momemt..............

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA

carry on

Guest Low Roller

Mmm... Constructive as always Booche.

Yep. Always have been a goalie freak. How else would I remember such luminary Habs goalies as Vincent Riendeau, Olivier Michaud, JC Bergeron, or Richard Sevigny?

I remember when Riendeau got his first start as a Hab. I was driving with my family to the cottage and we were listening to the game on AM radio on Radio-Canada. The poor bastard got red-lit and I remember my Dad swearing up a storm in Polish that the Habs have useless players.

Guest Low Roller
Looking over the roster, one has to ask: Where is David Fischer? You might recall that the Canadiens selected him out of Apple Valley High School in Minnesota in the first round in 2006. He was the 20th pick in the first round, two picks ahead of Claude Giroux and a full round ahead of Milan Lucic.

Fischer has spent the past four seasons at the University of Minnesota, where he failed to live up to his advance billing as the best high school player in Minnesota. If anything, Fischer's game has regressed.

The official word from the Canadiens at the end of the U.S. college season was that the team still had some interest in him and had until Aug. 15 to sign him, but if there were any genuine interest, he would have had an opportunity to jump-start his pro career by finishing the season in Hamilton.