Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

There is a lot of hockey left.  A lot of time for trades, injuries, sex scandles to change the future of any team in the league.

It's possible to peak now and then go into a lull.  However it is also possible to peak again for the playoffs.

Goaltending, luck, health and good timing will all come in to play during the playoffs.

The Habs may be lucky to squeak into the playoffs but if they start Price it may be a short stint.

The slidy stuff is called ice and the black thing is a puck. 

I don't see Ottawa having the goaltending but they may prove me wrong.

They've proved you wrong for 10 games now, so here's hoping you're wrong for much longer. 

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, peaking too early might get Ottawa a decent enough playoff spot and then who knows. Peaking too late gets you decent tee times. I know what I'd pick given the choice.

Agreed, but the fact is starting your peak at the 35 game left point isn't the preferred peaking time. I'll fucking take it though and be happy we're heathly but a lull is coming.

I don't see Ottawa having the goaltending but they may prove me wrong.

They've proved you wrong for 10 games now, so here's hoping you're wrong for much longer. 

There is a BIG difference between goaltending during the regular season and goaltending in the playoffs. I do not think the Ottawa goalies are playoff calibur. Maybe they will prove me wrong and if they do, good on them.

There is a BIG difference between goaltending during the regular season and goaltending in the playoffs. I do not think the Ottawa goalies are playoff calibur. Maybe they will prove me wrong and if they do, good on them.

They won't know what your talking about; they've only ever had STELLAR goaltending in the playoffs.

Lalime_star.jpg

As much fun as it is to make fun of the Beachball, Lalime probably won a couple of those Flyers series for the Sens. Didn't he set some crazy shutout record against them one year?

The Sens let him down with their lack of goal production in some of those Leaf series as well.

Despite Saturday’s sleepwalk in Toronto, those Senators who were around for the Eastern Conference championship in 2007 believe this team is better than that one. Why? Deeper, more physical, more ways to beat you. Also, "Back then, we got nervous in close, low-scoring games,†said Chris Kelly. "That doesn’t happen anymore."

Mike Fisher pointed out one thing the 2007 team did well, though: "We got hot at just the right time."