Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I don't even know what to write this is all so much fun.

I guess once the Leafs make the playoffs then the fans can argue if the trade was successful or not. It's been a long time since the Leafs have seen the playoffs and I don't see it happening this year.

It's been a long time since the Leafs have seen the playoffs and I don't see it happening this year.

Me neither.

Wait for further moves, a summer off, training camp, next season to be underway before anyone can truly determine how good any of these moves are. (unless they win the Stanley Cup of course :bonghit: )

In the meantime, I may actually tune in and catch a bit of the game when Dione and JS make their Leafer debut (i want to see what Exelby gets for giving Dion his number).

I consider my team ,the Habs, a success when they can put out a team that is consistently in the playoffs. Teams like New Jersey, Detroit, San Jose are examples of that. For an organization to have any chance to win the Cup you must finish in the top eight. I hate it when the Habs struggle to fight for the last playoff spot, like this year. It is nice to have a team that is almost a lock each year. Then you hope for luck, good timing and few injuries to carry the team over the playoffs.

That is why I say we have no idea how this trade will play out. The Leafs have a long way to go and to be honest I think most knowledgable hockey minds knew they would get worse before they got better.

They are no where near being a consistent playoff participant.

Burke had to blow it up and he did. Now we need to see how he rebuilds it. Is Phanuef a big part of this? He sure could be but he could also disappear in the void of dissapointment many Leaf players have slipped into in the last decade.

Heard someone else say that Burke isn't in a position to build exclusively through the draft because of the market he's in, which we kind of all have to accept as the truth (personally, I wouldn't mind it). Instead, he has to go young through spending. When you cant afford to wait for your team to develop, and you aren't able to buy high priced talent, you have to go in the middle and sign Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf and a bunch of college players. He's trying to "buy through the draft", which is the way the guy put it, I think.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller
Phaneuf's trend of doing what he wants has continued in Toronto on Monday. As after Monday morning's practice, he walked into the Leafs locker room and reportedly took over what music was being played.

[...]

Giguere was also asked what his role would be with the club. If he was there to mentor Gustavsson the way he mentored Jonas Hiller in Anaheim. Giguere however said his move to Toronto had nothing to do with being a mentor for The Monster.

"I'm not here to be his coach." Giguere explained.

Sound like team players to me.

Phaneuf's trend of doing what he wants has continued in Toronto on Monday. As after Monday morning's practice' date=' he walked into the Leafs locker room and reportedly took over what music was being played.

[...']

Giguere was also asked what his role would be with the club. If he was there to mentor Gustavsson the way he mentored Jonas Hiller in Anaheim. Giguere however said his move to Toronto had nothing to do with being a mentor for The Monster.

"I'm not here to be his coach." Giguere explained.

Sound like team players to me.

LOL

I want to know what music was playing. Maybe it NEEDED to be changed (especially if it was any of that crap on the Grammys the other night ). Maybe they need a boss in the room. Who the fuck is the captain anyway??? Any leaders??? btw - seems his fav band is The Hip

Jiggy said he's not a coach. That's right ... he's a goalie.

Why bother getting too friendly with any of the guys in the room ... a good chunk of them are going to be leaving anyway ;)

Pics of Phaneuf at practice today

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Gallery+Phaneuf+hits+Leaf/2509159/story.html

"I sure as hell hope the chemistry is changed.

I am sick and tired of the lazy, loser atmosphere in Leaf Nation. The sooner we fill the room with angry, competitive, fierce players, the sooner the Leafs will find a way to win again.

You think at 33 that Giggy wants to play the role of Pappy to Gustavsson? Hell no, he wants to play. Good.

Is Phanuef a pleasant sweetie like Stajan?.....nope....thank god!!!!

Enough slacking, enough floating.......time for hard work. "

EXTRA! EXTRA!

Booche News Alert !!!

As of 10am today, it's absolutely OUT OF CONTROL in Toronto!!!!! The Dion'ing of a new era is all OVER the newspapers. #3 is the second coming and this city is unable to maintain any composure. All other news is being censored and the papers are only covering Dion and his every move prior to playing for the Maple Leafs for the first time ever.

http://www.thestar.com/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/

http://www.nationalpost.com/

http://www.torontosun.com/news/

All wrong Boochie. I head up the biggest TML fan club in this city. We meet every other night and twice on the weekends.

We've had to hold some extra late emergency meetings this week though and i'm kinda tired. With the acquisition of Elisha Cuthbert's boyfriend and Jiggy, we've had to ramp up parade planning for the inevitable cup win this year!

As for the paper bags, we needed to protest the team's management. It's because of that decisions were made at head office to shake up the team. Burke personally called to thank us for our efforts. In good faith, we have put the bags aside for now and are determining recycling efforts.

Now, please, let me get back to spreading the sermon around Toronto. There are still a few citizens who are not back on the bandwagon understanding the importance of tonight's game. We need to get OUTTA CONTROL!!!!!!!!